Shower or shower/tub combo in basement

lotsofkidsMarch 24, 2013

We are ready to start finishing the 3 basement bedrooms and bath. Our kids won't stay down there until they get a little older (and they all shower anyway). We are doing some things with the idea that any of our parents may someday come to live with us. Assuming they are still somewhat independent but maybe not agile enough to want to step in and out of a tub/shower, should we stick with a shower only? You can't put a bench in a bathtub either. Is there any reason I'd be sorry I don't have a bathtub in my basement bathroom?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
worthy

Resale. Relaxation. And for sanitary reasons, a bath is said to be more cleansing for the fairer sex.

This post was edited by worthy on Mon, Mar 25, 13 at 20:22

Bookmark   March 25, 2013 at 8:21PM
mike_kaiser_gw

My suggestion would be to build what meets your needs, not what may meet the needs (or desires) of some unknown person at some unknown point in time in the future. If you're really concerned size/configure the shower stall to accept a tub with a minimum of hassle.

Bookmark   March 26, 2013 at 11:24AM
lotsofkids

Thanks. I think we are going to go with the shower only. I like the look and ease of it. I will look into the config to make sure we can accept a tub if we need to.

Bookmark   March 29, 2013 at 12:54AM
More Discussions
1250sqft Basement heating question
This may be a crazy question as I have not found anything...
MCHammmer
Spray foam basement band joists
I just had an energy audit and one thing they recommended...
mkrafczyk
crack in block wall
Almost 2 year old house. Noticed verticle crack in...
newbie21
Which drywall to use in the basement?
Hi, I am finishing a basement that is under the attached...
Vesh
Ceiling insulation in basement
We are finishing our basement and I am getting to the...
mirandajae
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™