Haviland China Sale Advice

Marshall37March 28, 2014

Hello All! I recently have acquired three sets of antique Haviland China. The sets include a Theodore Haviland Schleiger No. 877, Theodore Haviland Schleiger No. 156-6, and a Chas Field Haviland CHF 1385. All together I have almost 300 pieces of excellent condition china and I am looking for advice on how best to put these sets up for sale. China, as is known, is very difficult and expensive to ship. Anyone have any ideas about dealers, buyers, of this type of China? Also, any information on the rarity of the patterns would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jim_1 Zone 5B Illinois

I don't know where you live, but if it is near a major metro area, contact a reputable antique dealer and pose your question. A quality dealer will know the important things about your china. That person might buy it outright or, for a fee, send you in the right direction. Don't go with the first one, get comments from at least three dealers.

Be aware that the dealers will want to make a profit on the re-sale, so you won't be getting estimates that are top dollar.

Don't list it on a central 'sale' site. See if your local library carries The Antique Trader. They have all kinds of ads that might lead you in the right direction.

Bookmark   April 7, 2014 at 10:31PM
More Discussions
Copper bowls
Can anyone provide any info relating to these copper...
Cassie- LeBlanc
Wanted: Blue Bonnet Margarine Vintage Dolls
I've been collecting the Blue Bonnet Margarine promotional...
beckame
walnut panel
Hi Everyone, I bought this 30" piece at an auction...
sam_md
Need history of "Lister Woodcraft"
Trying to determine if this wooden candlestick is really...
bradleyd_svh
Three crown stamp on fork: Swedish or U.S.?
Any idea on the age or authenticity of this brass fork...
bradleyd_svh
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™