vacuum snagged carpet, now what?

vacuumfreakJuly 11, 2008

Well, I was just merrily vacuuming away and looked down to notice a snag in the carpet being ripped up by my cleaner.

This is what I removed from the brush roll and what was left in the carpet. What do you think the apartment complex will say when they see this? Do you think they will try to keep my deposit when I move? I wasn't abusing the carpet... I was actually trying to take care of it!

Also, a "slice" has developed in the floor over the year and a half that I've lived here... what do you think they'll say about that?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
foxi

utho... I think they will keep your deposit .. sure it looks like cheap carpets BUT I worked as a caretaker for a real cheapskate and watched him pull some bad stuff on folks .. cheap carpet .. white of course so stains and spills didnt come out under normal cleaning .. flat non washable white paint .. again impossible to take care of he was a stinker about nail holes as well .. $10.00 PER nail hole he found.. sucks huh? and he got away with it!
kiss te deposit good by I can almost bet on it .

Bookmark   July 11, 2008 at 12:14PM
lucy

Can you kind of stuff it back in with a needle carefully and then keep a piece of furniture on top forever?

Bookmark   July 11, 2008 at 2:00PM
privateperson

You can fix the run in the carpet from picture #2: http://www.rd.com/familyhandyman/content/33373/

As for the first picture, you might have to cut out a square and replace it with a matching remnant. Check at remnant stores. Sometimes the big boxes (lowes & hd) might stock it. The carpet in the picture looks very much like the typical contractor grade found everywhere. You might have to take a small piece in for matching purposes. There are also places which will fix this for you. I don't know where you are, but here is an example company: http://www.sparklingcleancarpets.com/carpet_repair_naperville.html. Google Carpet + Repair + your city.

Good luck and keep us updated!

Bookmark   July 16, 2008 at 3:53PM
More Discussions
Noisy neighbor - am I being oversensitive?
Live in a townhouse next to people with two small kids...
hblotus95
Finding apartment in Cary NC?
Hi, I am a single mom of two moving into Cary NC area...
aaaaaaaa
Bathroom decorating ideas
Hi! I just moved in to an older style apartment building,...
Apart-ster
Running upstairs!!!!
Please someone help me...I need some advice!! At this...
Venus78k
Appliance Size for garage apartment
building an apartment over a garage. apt size is 500...
cobbyw
Sponsored Products
Vanderbilt University Football Oval: 2 Ft. 9 In. x 1 Ft. 8 In. Rug
$27.95 | Bellacor
Darya Rugs Suzani, Natural, 4'0" x 11'5" Runner Rug M1732-64
Darya Rugs
Beige 12-inch Carpet Tiles (240 Square Feet)
Overstock.com
Nadia Ivory and Taupe Rectangular: 5 Ft. x 8 Ft. Rug
$552.00 | Bellacor
Darya Rugs Suzani, Silver, 3'1" x 5'5" M1770-371
Darya Rugs
Darya Rugs Suzani, Red, 8'1" x 9'9" M1701-40
Darya Rugs
Creighton University Football Oval: 2 Ft. 9 In. x 1 Ft. 8 In. Rug
$27.95 | Bellacor
Hands Around the World´┐Ż Oval:5 Ft. 4 In. x 7 Ft. 8 In. Oval Rug Kid Essentials -
$255.95 | Bellacor
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™