window fans to cool a small apt

plyangJuly 4, 2004

We are thinking of buying window fans for each of our bedrooms but are having trouble finding reviews and other consumer information. Home Depot has an SMC model with twin 9" fans that can be set on intake (both fans pulling air in from the outside), out (both fans taking air from inside and pushing it out), or circulate (one fan pulling air in, one fan pushing it out). Does anyone know about this brand?

We've also seen other models online by Honeywell, Holmes, and Lasko. The twin 9" design seems pretty common, but then single fans of 16" to 20" are also common. Can anyone recommend a brand and model?

Many thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Try post at Heating and AC forum, I am sure someone will answer your question.

    Bookmark   July 6, 2004 at 1:46PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I have used those before, in dorm rooms, and they were great!

    Bookmark   July 18, 2004 at 8:26PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

To get the most efficient circulation with window fans, put a fan on one end of the room or apartment pulling air in and one on the other end pushing out.

    Bookmark   July 28, 2004 at 3:44PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Help with reducing noise
I live in a second floor apartment with my 5 year old...
Garage apartment floor plan review
We are building a house at the beach (Seagrove Beach,...
Running upstairs!!!!
Please someone help me...I need some advice!! At this...
Feeling Harassed by Downstairs Neighbors
My boyfriend and I moved into an older apartment complex...
Temporary Housing
The post tell us fine information about the housing....
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™