1917-1919 USA posters

jasfindMarch 22, 2012

I couldn't get them on before

Here is a link that might be useful: photobucket

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Ideefixe

I collect WWI posters. If yours are original, you should get them framed and matted correctly. Also, some restoration work on the torn edges is worth the money. Did you have a question?

Bookmark   March 22, 2012 at 11:40AM
jasfind

Hi Ideefixe. Well yeah ,a few. How common are these type?Most I se are more "Uncle Sam Needs" type.I also wonder if other orgs. ( 4H etc)got into the war like this. Thank you
john

Bookmark   March 22, 2012 at 3:30PM
jemdandy

The next time "Antiques Road Show" is within traveling distance from your home, show your posters there. They can make a fair appraisal. The ordinary posters will appraise at ordianry prices, but a rare or highly desireable one can appraise at a surprising amount. Condition is important.

In a few more years, those posters will be 100 years old!

Bookmark   March 23, 2012 at 2:16AM
jasfind

Hi J.D.. Sometimes that show really doesn't get it right, most time it seems to.
While I get up early(5:30 AM),the idea of waiting hours on a line doesn't spin my wheels.So the roadshow is kaput.
Yeah ,its funny how you turn around and both you and your stuff "mysteriously" get older. I've got a wait till I'm 100,but my goodies are rocking past the century.Thank you
john

Bookmark   March 23, 2012 at 6:07AM
cyn427

Just want to say that those are very cool posters. I agree that you should have them framed and matted with archival materials (UV blocking glass, acid-free matting) if they are originals. They look to be in excellent condition. If you live near Philadelphia, there used to be a shop that specialized in etchings, maps, and posters. Sorry I can't remember the name of it, but I will keep searching.

Bookmark   March 25, 2012 at 12:57PM
jasfind

Hey Cyn,Thanks for the good words.Sometimes I think that I have too much "stuff" . That of course slows me from taking my old stuff and making it take up more room. Yes ,these are originals . And I guess I have to do as you suggest.
john

Bookmark   March 26, 2012 at 6:49AM
maddielee

Jasfind, you can now request tickets (free) for Antiques Roadshow...no waiting in line.

ML

Bookmark   March 26, 2012 at 2:34PM
jasfind

Hi Maddielee. Thank you for that. I will look into it. All though I know that the posters are the real thing,going to that show might be like waiting for a hosiptal test result.
john

Bookmark   March 26, 2012 at 4:22PM
More Discussions
Japanese Floral Calendar Plate Collection by Hamilton
I was given a set of 12 Japanese Chokin plates by a...
alygal
Copper bowls
Can anyone provide any info relating to these copper...
Cassie- LeBlanc
Assistance regarding Lofisa Porcelain
Can anyone shed some light on this piece? I bought...
imaztribabe
Vase no marks new or old ?
I have this vase with no mark at bottom, it's real...
Dones
Need help identifying this lamp.
Please see the picture below. The lamp was originally...
Chuck Wert
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™