Shipping

missa31March 8, 2013

I am so in love on antiques and i am planning to buy one on Amazon, but the shipping price is to high, My friend suggested that I should try parcelbound.com. Anyone here who has heard or try this? Or can you recommend me a trusted cargo forwarder online that you know of?

This post was edited by missa31 on Fri, Mar 8, 13 at 5:35

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chibimimi

I've never heard of parcelbound, but there are a lot of shippers -- even the bus lines ship items. Are you ordering from a dealer? They should be able to recommend someone. There are also shippers that wait until they have a full truckload, then go across country; it's slow, but less expensive to ship this way. However, shipping costs can often be higher than the original purchase price for furniture and other large antiques.

I'm also curious about buying antiques on Amazon -- I haven't seen them there. Am I missing something? Or perhaps what you are interested in is actually a reproduction and can be bought somewhere else locally.

Bookmark   March 9, 2013 at 12:52PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
snowgirly

I've tried parcelbound.com and my package arrive sooner than I expected and still in good condition. What kind of antique do you usually buy?

Bookmark   March 15, 2013 at 9:58PM
More Discussions
Haviland France Limoge Covered Veg. Bowl
I have a lovely Haviland veggie bowl here but I can't...
Llweyn
Vase no marks new or old ?
I have this vase with no mark at bottom, it's real...
Dones
Ruby cut to clear bowl set - help with identification
A while ago I bought this set of four ruby glass bowls...
lana_roma
Antique Bell evaluation
Hi, I have this antique bell. Can anyone tell me what...
Shay Yakobi
name on vase
Have any one seen this name before on a small vase,...
Dones
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™