Help identifying Japanese tea set

emnicMarch 27, 2013

I have acquired this large tea set and was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about it

Thank you

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

The characters on the bottom of your pot simply say "Great Japan" and can be found on any number of manufacturer's ware. It's not a maker's mark. Judging by the style of the illustrations, I'd say it's not 'terribly' old meaning, they're more stylistic and modern than those of WWII vintage. Can you elaborate on what pieces this set consist of? Look for other marks on the bottoms different than this one?

    Bookmark   March 27, 2013 at 9:35AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

It looks like lustreware or lustre ware.


    Bookmark   April 1, 2013 at 6:41PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Home Design Show in NYC
click to win tickets
Need help identifying blue bowl
Does anyone recognize this maker's mark? It is on the...
Not sure what it is
Would like to restore this piece. Not sure of the age...
Question about Eastlake washstand that has two types of drawer joints
Hi. I recently purchased an antique washstand that...
Patricia Oliver
Straw in dining chair cushions-- does this indicate a date?
Hi friends, I just bought a lovely antique dining table...
Sponsored Products
Tivoli Audio | Tivoli Audio Platinum Series Model Three® Stereo
Cream Ceramic Cups With Metal Base set of 4
Classic Hostess
Black Bathroom Faucets by MaestroBath
Diamond II 6" LED Gimbal Retrofit Recessed Kit for Nora
Lamps Plus
Wall Pops 'Kolkata Dots and Blox' Wall Decal Set
Aberdeen Old Bronze Nine-Light Chandelier
Ingo Maurer | Birdie's Nest Ceiling Light
Gina Office Chair in Pink
$66.00 | LexMod
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™