PLease help! Smoke coming through my wall heater

precisebtznpcsJune 27, 2006

Hi there, i have a problem that i need help with. My girlfriend and i just recently bought a condo and it is a 4 plex. I have a wall heater that is right next to my bathroom and every couple hours i can smell cigarette smoke coming out of it. I am not a fan of 2nd hand smoke and my girlfriend is allergic to smoke to make matters worse. I called the homeowners about this and they told me to put non flammable insulation inside the heater and turn the pilot light off. I did that and it did nothing i can still smell the smoke. I dont know what else to do about this i already had to take my girlfriend to the emergency room cause of this. Any suggestions would help.

thanks,

Precise

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nfllifer

Do you need this heater? Perhaps you could have someone come out and remove it and seal it up. If its more of a space heater it could be replaced by a self sealed electric model in the bath fan or wall (if electricity is there)

Other option to remove smells is an ozone machine. Not sure how it would work with smoke entering your unit. Many places that sell them will let you try it for 30 days. (They are spendy!)

Bookmark   June 27, 2006 at 11:39PM
More Discussions
Does anyone actually like living in an apartment?
In addition to the noise I've just posted about, another...
alllen
Noise disputes: can managers forbid tenants from conversing?
I'm having random noise problems with a downstairs...
Jck507
Moth problem..Help please.....
Allright I have had a moth problem for about 5 maybe...
lucidmike
fyi-spammer attack on gardenweb-don't click!
The spammers are out in full force today. Do not click...
dreamgarden
Feeling Harassed by Downstairs Neighbors
My boyfriend and I moved into an older apartment complex...
storybrook
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™