How and why to start a new thread
Want people to read your post and give you answers? The worst way to do this is to post a new message to a thread that is years old.
A lot of new posters here look up old threads and add their question to the bottom of the thread.
This is a good way to make sure no one reads your post.
Many of the additions to threads that are several years old are spam, so few people take the time to read them.
Start a new thread. It will give your post a much better chance of getting read and responded to.
1. Go to the Apartment Living forum (or any forum you choose).
2. Scroll down the page until you see "Post a Message to the Forum."
3. Type your post in the box under "Message."
4. Click "Preview Message" to read your post as it will appear on the forum.
5. Make changes if you need to and then,
6. Click "Submit message."
There you go! A new message on the forum that will attract a lot more attention than an addition to a thread from 2003.