Real Dry Seepage System

gregc73February 11, 2009

Does anyone have any experience with these "baseboard" type of systems? We have been having seepage problems in our finished basement the last few times it rained really hard. We had a contractor come out and give us a quote on this system and said it came with a lifetime warranty as well, which seems a little too good to be true.

http://www.de-watering.com/

Do these "baseboard" system really work or is it better to just tear up the entire basement and get french drains installed? Most of our moisture problems seem to come from where the floor meets the wall and it's pretty much all throughout the basement.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
worthy

Whenever I've had a water problem on older homes, I've gone to the source of the problem, which is on the outside, where the water is coming in.

To my mind, inside approaches are stopgaps that don't get to the root of the problem. If you had a leaky roof, would you be satisfied to install a system that didn't fix the leak, but provided a way for the incoming water to be drained off?

The knowledgeable poster on the link below points out a host of drawbacks to inside remedies.

Here is a link that might be useful: Basement Waterproofing/foundation repair

Bookmark   February 11, 2009 at 10:06PM
More Discussions
Basement Plans Thoughts?
Hello, Planning to finishing my basement and hoping...
NYcRavi
Replacing Steel Column With Stud Wall?
I am interested in replacing a steel column with a...
atv_freak
Ceiling insulation in basement
We are finishing our basement and I am getting to the...
mirandajae
upgrade R11 to R13 insulation in basement?
We are in the process of remodeling our basement. We...
Desirun2
Easier way to burst up concrete?
Since it seem I have to do some concrete busting work...
ravlegend
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™