Recent introduction of new Thermadore full surface induction

Ott2January 11, 2012

Hello! Have done lots of reading here lately, but have never posted. It looks like Thermador recently (last week) introduced a full surface induction cooktop that *should* be available for shipping in July 2012. Google "thermador freedom full surface induction" for numerous related articles. I know that induction is not new technology, but I think that a retail full surface option would be new for the United States? Is this something viable to consider for a higher-end, new "warmly modern" build that will start in March and take about a year to complete? I've already emotionally bonded with a black 48" Capital Culinarian, but keep having nagging thoughts that I should consider induction, possibly paired with a Wolf IM15 multi-function gas burner (or something similar) for the warm fuzzy. Thanks! I've already learned so much from "listening" to you all. I'd appreciate your thoughts on this.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wallycat

I posted a link on the original thread that was started about full induction surfaces. Shows you the product, etc...

Bookmark   January 11, 2012 at 12:12PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hilferty77

Swweeeeet. I was told the Gaggenau version probably wasn't going to make it to the states. This is pretty awesome news!

Here is a link that might be useful: Thermador Induction Article From Engadget

Bookmark   January 11, 2012 at 4:34PM
More Discussions
HELP PLEASE New Dacor range to replace old DCS (Fisher Paykel) range?
We moved into a house that has a 9 year old DCS by...
princesspronoid
Keep your fingers crossed -Wolfie oven having DCL circuit error again!
So my Wolf has avoided the dreaded porcelain chipping...
a2gemini
High end appliances thermador vs. dacor
I currently have dacor ovens. I am trying decide brands...
mcaprizs
Help with induction please
I am planning to buy induction when we reno the kitchen....
sherri1058
Lacanche-beautiful but how functional?
I am very tempted to splurge on a Lacanche for our...
mbwestfall
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™