Circus-theme dinerware for grown-ups?

lauraheadJune 1, 2009

Ever since dining at Le Cirque 2000 in New York City, I have wanted fabulous sophisticated circus-themed dishes. Anybody know of any designers or sources? Gien makes some (which I don't really like). Everything seems aimed at kids. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dilly_dally

Try posting in the *Antiques and Collectibles Forum* or the *Decorating Forum* or maybe even in *The Kitchen Forum*. You'll get more responses.

Bookmark   June 1, 2009 at 7:37PM
gammyt

Wrong forum but I have to ask, what are "sophisticated circus-themed dishes"?

Bookmark   June 3, 2009 at 3:31PM
laurahead

see http://www.graphics.com/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=579

Bookmark   June 3, 2009 at 8:30PM
dilly_dally

I am assuming that you have scoured the internet for them but I am going to throw this one out anyway...........have your looked at the Villeroy and Bock 'Le Cirque' collection? If you buy it piece by piece and mix it with some solid colors and banded white pieces, you may be able to get a complete table setting that meets you expectations.
Maybe even mix it with pieces that are white with just balloons, or just monkeys or just elephants.

I happen to know that Villeroy and Boch make the china tableware for many fine restaurants and hotel chains and according to my research for you they DO make the china for Le Cirque. I could not find if they continue their business relationship with the re-opening of Le Cirque in 2006 though. There is a possibility that if you contact V&B that they may sell the pieces you desire or maybe sell 'seconds' of the china you want.

Have you considered calling the restaurant and asking to buy some of their pieces? Some place WILL do this. The only way to find out is to call and ask or write to them.

Bookmark   June 6, 2009 at 3:56AM
More Discussions
How common are door notes for communicating with tenants?
Is it legal for an apartment manager to put paper notes...
Jck507
Help with reducing noise
I live in a second floor apartment with my 5 year old...
erin277
Noisy neighbor - am I being oversensitive?
Live in a townhouse next to people with two small kids...
hblotus95
Finding apartment in Cary NC?
Hi, I am a single mom of two moving into Cary NC area...
aaaaaaaa
Bathroom decorating ideas
Hi! I just moved in to an older style apartment building,...
Apart-ster
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™