We signed the lease for our old ppl building! Yay!

kate_7June 7, 2007

Hey all

Not sure how many of you had been following the current apartment dilemma I have been in. In a nutshell - moved into this building last May and was told it had "a few university students" and was "incredibly quiet." Well, they lied. It's all students and it's stupidly loud...and I complained, complained, wrote letters, etc...and no change.

The apartment complex across the street was my dream place...it's all elderly people and is clean, new and gorgeous.

Well, a colleague at my boyfriend's new job used to live there, put in a good word for us, we got bumped to the top of a waiting list, went to view the apartment and BAM, signed the lease.

The superintendents are amazingly nice, assured me the building is 95% elderly and is super duper quiet.

We're on the ground floor and have a walk out patio. The apartment itself is a bit smaller than ours now, but I'll take my sanity over size!!!

Just wanted to celebrate :) :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
black-thumb

Congrats! Enjoy the peace and quiet!

Bookmark   June 7, 2007 at 9:31AM
angel47630

Oh, hope it is a dream for you.

College kids ruin a place. It is too bad landlords lie or give the stupid statement " we are not allowed to discuss who lives here"

Hope it is as good as it gets!

Bookmark   June 15, 2007 at 10:16AM
severus

Sounds like a good move to me too. I just moved myself. I had a one bedroom apartment in another group of buildings owned by the same complex, but the problem with that unit was not so much students, my neighbors in fact were all working people, but the fact that it was so close to the expressway that runs near here. The traffic noise, especially trucks, was constant. I have been on a list to move to apartments that are rented only to professionals. I finally got in and moved in a week ago. I took a two bedroom, which has a washer/drier in the unit and it gives me more room to set up my office in the second bedroom. I really love the place. The only noise I get now is hearing some foot traffic from upstairs, because these apartments are stick built. But compared to the traffic noise, I will take that any day! Most of the time it is very quiet. This is a university town, and most of the apartments in the area rent to students. In this unit, I have a very nice patio and even a little area where I can put in a small garden. The unit does face the parking lot, but it also is bright since it faces south. I have met most of my immediate neighbors. Nearly all of them I have met work at the university, or are retired. So we have both working people and retirees here. Nice and quiet. What traffic comes by on the avenue through here is a tiny fraction of the expressway and no big rigs! I love this place and I am happy.

Anyway, I am glad that your move worked out. Sometimes it pays to wait a bit to find the right place.

David

Bookmark   July 29, 2007 at 11:49AM
More Discussions
Feeling Harassed by Downstairs Neighbors
My boyfriend and I moved into an older apartment complex...
storybrook
Garage apartment floor plan review
We are building a house at the beach (Seagrove Beach,...
cobbyw
Does anyone actually like living in an apartment?
In addition to the noise I've just posted about, another...
alllen
Found these bugs in my apartment , please identify
Found a bunch of these bugs in my apartment and am...
iamcorymorgan
Finding apartment in Cary NC?
Hi, I am a single mom of two moving into Cary NC area...
aaaaaaaa
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™