Sealing Floor UNDER leveler?

nfsivFebruary 7, 2011

So, I have searched this forum several times and found similar questions, but no solid answers.

I have a basement storage area and it gets a little moisture in it, coming through the floor, on wet days. It is not much, by no means flooding, but standing water in several areas. I would like to seal the water out none the less, and if I can level the floor at the same time that would be great. I was thinking about just pouring in a bunch of floor leveler, but it seems like those products don't react well to moisture coming in from below, even if it is low pressure. I then thought about sealing the current floor,and pouring leveler OVER that seal.

I don't really need to level the floor, but I have read the sealing products on their own only last so long, particularly in a place where they will get worn.

Any input on this proposed solution, or any other ideas/recommendations, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bus_driver

I have never used leveler. If it is based on Portland cement, moisture should be beneficial. Contact a manufacturer of the product you are considering.

Bookmark   March 8, 2011 at 8:08AM
More Discussions
Mysterious Concrete Box in Basement
I am considering placing an offer on a house (built...
charv
upgrade R11 to R13 insulation in basement?
We are in the process of remodeling our basement. We...
Desirun2
Easier way to burst up concrete?
Since it seem I have to do some concrete busting work...
ravlegend
Basement Plans Thoughts?
Hello, Planning to finishing my basement and hoping...
NYcRavi
Basement Carpet
Hello, I'm looking for help finding the right natural...
oreiad
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™