Uneven Concrete Floor

tio76February 3, 2007

We are in the process of finishing our basement and the concrete work in there is some of the worst I have ever seen. There are many areas that are not level which would not be to bad but there are lots "seams" were the concrete is raised .25-.5" for the length of a room. What can I do about these? Would a concrete grinder take care of these? Is this something I can take care of my self or would it be better to hire a concrete worker? This is not an isolated problem in the basement but can be found though out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
iamnodiy

My contractor used a self level product. It looked like a thin runny concrete mixture that is applied to the floor. It fills in any cracks and settles in the lower level areas of the floor making it level with the higher areas. I don't know the name of the product but he purchased it at Home Depot.

Bookmark   February 7, 2007 at 11:16PM
jejvtr

Dash patch

Bookmark   February 9, 2007 at 9:48PM
blue_fastback

I have used the self leveling compund from HD in my basement in a few spots that were not level at all. I added adouut an inch or so and it worked fine.

Bookmark   February 10, 2007 at 4:42PM
More Discussions
Ductwork through joist question
Hi, I know this is possibly controversial...I understand...
NYcRavi
want to finish basement but very humid...
Have an unfinished basement. House built 2012. During...
nadine33
Ceiling insulation in basement
We are finishing our basement and I am getting to the...
mirandajae
ideas for basement?
Hoping some of you more creative people can help me...
Michael Oslosky
Ductwork revisions
I am working on re-finishing a basement that was originally...
aarongarbutt
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™