Need help identifying a vintage pottery lamp

onegroovydudeFebruary 6, 2012

Hello. I was out this weekend and found this really pretty green vintage pottery lamp. It's got the same exact cord as the other lamp I posted but this one isn't fraying yet. I was trying to find some information on it, and thought you guys might be able to help. Judging by the cord, and socket, I'm assuming maybe 20's or 30's. Here's what I got. What do you think?

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r84/onegroovydude/c6c18492.jpg

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
btm23

Hi! I don't know much about much, but it reminds me of some pieces that my grandma used to have. She had 2 vases and one of them looked almost identical to your lamp. It seems to me like something made and purchased in the 60's or 70's. I just tried to call my grandma to ask her when she bought the vases, but she doesn't remember the ones i am talking about. She hasn't owned them in years, probably went the way of the yard sale. She had them when I was a kid, and I was born in 1984, so they're at least that old. Lol that doesn't help you at all probably but just thought I would give you my 2 cents. :)

Bookmark   February 6, 2012 at 8:26PM
palimpsest

My impression is 1940 to early 1950s.

Bookmark   February 6, 2012 at 10:19PM
eric1975

That looks just like one my mother had back in the 70's. She may have gotten it from her mother which could possibly date it in the 1940's. May want to seach ebay see if anything similar is posted.

Here is a link that might be useful: ebay

Bookmark   February 6, 2012 at 10:48PM
calliope

"It's got the same exact cord as the other lamp I posted but this one isn't fraying yet."

You never did describe the cord on your other lamp. It would certainly be helpful. Is it a cloth covered cord or not? That in itself is an important clue and could take the date back further than what the appearance of the lamp style suggests because it does scream 40s/50s.

Bookmark   February 7, 2012 at 6:54AM
cloud_shine

Based on your picture, I would say after 1939 and this is only based on the removable harp which I believe was patented around then.

If you think that all of the parts are original, it would help to see the cord & plug as well as a better shot of the socket, i.e. closeups of the inside and outside.

Bookmark   February 7, 2012 at 9:53PM
More Discussions
Antique/Retro Fridge Loud Vibration noise
My retro 1946 Frigidaire fridge started making very...
Tina Jansen
Antimassacars and tablecloth
I found a cache of embroidered and lace furniture accessories...
debodun
Are garage sales a thing of the past?
Years ago when my mom and I had garage sales, our yard...
debodun
Age of this brass "hog scraper" candle holder?
Any idea on the age of this brass "hog scraper"...
bradleyd_svh
Walnut Art Nouvaux Sideboard Advice Needed
Howdy, First post from a long-time lurker. We purchased...
markwingalls
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™