More Silver questions
I've been reading the posts about silver and it made me curious about the pieces I have. I bought some wright's silver polish today, since you all seem to use it, and used it on my bigger pieces.
I need a good website to look things up, I started googling some of the names on the back of some of these pieces, and there's lots to sort through.
Anyone know what they are used for and it they are silver or silver-plated ... I think lots are silver-plated
Various serving spoons?
On the backs:
1. WM Rogers & Son AA
2. Holmes & Edward I S
3. 1881 Rogers - Oneida LTD
4. Pat. 1895 Rogers & Hamilton
5. Says Sterling
6. Holmes & Edward I S
1. Stratford Silver Co. AXI ?
2. Says Sterling - what's with the gold?
3. Simeon L & George H Rogers & Company
4. Says sterling .. needs a good polish
5. Community plate - I seem to have quite a few community plate pieces
1. butter knife? Rogers
3. not silver - what are these and what are the handles?
4. no marks I can see - needs a good polish