epoxy paint on basement floor

innof3happinessJanuary 6, 2008

hello. has anyone done an epoxy painted floor in their basement? we are putting an addition onto our house that includes a new basement. the basement will be used as a play/media room for our kids, who are in their tween years. i'm reluctant to use wall-to-wall carpeting because i know so many people who have had to redo their carpet bc of flooding. i hope we don't have flooding, and as a precaution we do have 2 sump pumps...but you never know! also, in our last house the basement was so heavily played in that the carpet got really gross....so i'm looking at painting the concrete floor and using area rugs. but will it be too cold? would love to know if others have painted with epoxy/resin in their basements and what the results have been.

innof3happiness

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cheryl_p

We used epoxy (one step by Behr from Home Depot)on our workshop, bathroom, and coatroom. While it's not basement, it is attached to the garage and is concrete floor. We added the roughening material (recommended) to the epoxy to prevent slippage, etc. We are NOT at all happy with this. Any mud from feet or tires is a bear (ha! - Behr, I get it!) to remove. I'm considering removing it and redoing it with the high quality stuff!! OR going without.

Bookmark   January 27, 2008 at 8:21PM
scott52

I seen the TBF carpet on the rubberized squares. Its really look great when its put down.

Bookmark   February 4, 2008 at 1:57PM
slsannar_yahoo_com

We painted our basement bathroom floor with epoxy paint and put some rugs down to stop slippage. I put the rubberized matting under the rugs and now some of that matting stuck to the floor and looks bad. Any help you could give us on what to do - start over and do something better than epoxy paint?? How would you suggest taking the matting residue off?

Bookmark   May 11, 2011 at 5:12PM
More Discussions
FG & Rim Joist Insulation --- HELP!!!
Help - My builder (doing a fire rebuild) wants to put...
mdln
water leakage under drywall in basement
We just bought a new home. Originally built in 1907,...
newhomeseattle
Str'l Wood Floor + CrwlSpace vs Concrete Slab
Hello, We were discussing our plans with a builder...
Naween
Replacing Steel Column With Stud Wall?
I am interested in replacing a steel column with a...
atv_freak
Walk-out basement design
Building a house in western Massachusetts -- it will...
Artemis_MA
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™