Please help with my floor plan
We recently moved into our apartment and well, its a bit of a weird shape, with few usable spaces. We really need a hand with our floorplan - I've uploaded it as a .pdf here - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7500435/Floorplan.pdf
If you have any recommendations, that would be fantastic!
- the cube in the middle is our walk in wardrobe, which is only seven feet high (does not go to the roof)
- The light in the corner of the bedroom is our 'dawn simulator' so needs to stay near the bed
- The rear wall where the bed head currently is is dark grey, the wall behind the couch is bright red, and everything else is cream.
- The only light in our apartment comes from the one window and glass door facing the courtyard
- Yes, those are bar stools at the kitchen island as we don't have room for a table.
We are considering swapping the bedroom to the front of the apartment (with the most light) however would appreciate recommendations/advice on whether this would be weird or not. This would mean using the 'utility room' off the kitchen as the wardrobe (currently storage, we don't have a washer or dryer) allowing me to set up an office in the current wardrobe which is much bigger.
We've come to an agreement that the couch and the TV cabinet (and TV) need to be as parallel as possible - he doesn't like the TV being angled on the stand. Yes, we've tried putting the sofa diagonally across the lounge room but it was too cluttered and the flow was wrong.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!
Rachel & Craig