Basement Bars....show me yours!

pamcrewsJanuary 8, 2007

As we begin the process of designing our bar, we can't seem to find what we want in the way of cabinets and shelves behind the bar area. Something not as formal as kitchen cabinets offer, more of a sports bar theme. Would love to see pictures of your bar area! We plan on having a sink, built in microwave and fridge/freezer. Any advice, along with those pictures would be oh so welcomed. Posted 'em here or email me at pamcrews@yahoo.com.

Thanks a bunch.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jgodfrey

Hi Pam,

I'm kind of in the same boat as you, though maybe a bit farther along... ;^)

I've ordered the cabinets and appliances for my bar area, but don't yet have anything to show for it - except for the computer rendering I created during the planning stages. That image can be seen at the attached link.

The upper and lower cabinets are standard cabinetry. The 2nd level bar-top (with the (hopefully lighted) glass-block divider), I'll have to create myself. We haven't made a decision yet on countertops - they're *so* expensive. Plumbing the sink will be interesting too...

Good luck.

Jeff

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   January 8, 2007 at 8:43PM
fnmroberts

Photos of our basement are linked from "My Page". Below each of the photos is some commentary which hopefully will offer a bit of helpful guidance.

Ours was a DIY project with challenges that come when doing things after construction. We used IKEA cabinets but built a couple on-site ourselves. Plumbing for the sink runs through the base cabinets rather than having to cut the concrete. The bar top is ceramic tile because our stairs would not enable a pre-made counter around the turn.

Hope this is helpful.

Bookmark   January 9, 2007 at 8:11AM
berrywise

My bar is a stand alone job so that I can (with a lot of back breaking work) move it to my next house after we sell the one we have.

I built it around a 7 cubic foot chest freezer and it has the ability to have three beers on tap.

Here is a link that might be useful: Building the bar.

Bookmark   April 17, 2007 at 5:07PM
eberky

Thanks Berry! That's very cool. I might have to try and talk my wife into letting me build one too! Great design.

Bookmark   July 23, 2007 at 10:42PM
vermont_blue

I would like to share my pics but don't know how. I will email them to you. I did a basic L shape bar with a 24" cabinet, a 30" Sink cabinet with a small drop in bar sink, a 26" glass front beverage cooler and for the L a 36" cabinet. I put granite counter tops. Looks real nice.

Bookmark   July 24, 2007 at 5:02PM
More Discussions
water leakage under drywall in basement
We just bought a new home. Originally built in 1907,...
newhomeseattle
Ductwork revisions
I am working on re-finishing a basement that was originally...
aarongarbutt
basement flooring - tile or finished concrete
we're planning a reno that will include expanding and...
lmgch
Basement Plans Thoughts?
Hello, Planning to finishing my basement and hoping...
NYcRavi
1250sqft Basement heating question
This may be a crazy question as I have not found anything...
MCHammmer
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™