share your ideas or pictures for a finished walkout basement

lucy7280January 13, 2007

About halfway through building our new home we decided to finish most of the lower level basement walkout (about 2000sf)sooner rather than later...i feel a little burnt our making so many decisions for the main part of the house; i could use some help and inspiration. Many of our friends have sort of a "theme" ...a ski lodge look, a caribbean look, a new york cityscape look...all very cool... We have three main areas that are all tied together...a pool table area, a tv/fireplace area, and a bar...at this point i cant even decide what color cabinets to get for the bar...so please show me, tell me, inspire me! themes or no themes...i'll take any help i can get!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fnmroberts

Ours isn't a walk-out but photos are linked from "My Page".

Hopefully you have had rough-ins installed for a bath and wet bar. Otherwise, I personally feel the best thing to do is imagine your space and how you will use it, then draw plans. The electrical and construction can just as easily be done later. In my opinion, there are too many decisions necessary for the living area to get bogged down in a secondary space unless you need it for a specific purpose right away. Good luck, everyone should build a home once, that cured us!

Bookmark   January 14, 2007 at 4:51PM
More Discussions
Flooring System over a basement
In my current house we used 16-18" deep floor...
AZN8TIV
Which drywall to use in the basement?
Hi, I am finishing a basement that is under the attached...
Vesh
basement flooring - tile or finished concrete
we're planning a reno that will include expanding and...
lmgch
Str'l Wood Floor + CrwlSpace vs Concrete Slab
Hello, We were discussing our plans with a builder...
Naween
Walk-out basement design
Building a house in western Massachusetts -- it will...
Artemis_MA
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™