Been asking forever, won't fix AC

volksgeistMay 1, 2005

I have a Window AC, it's a big kind though, that the air has not been fixed for a long time now. the heat works but the air hasn't

i've been asking for at least 3 months and everytime he says "he'll be by soon" and it never happens. Can't this break the lease or something? I'm getting really really upset.

Also there is bugs everywhere, i'm finding at least one a day and these arnt just "bugs" they are like spider looking things, maybe from the garden outside. but they should tell you before you move in there is gross bugs everywhere, i hate this place

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lazy_gardens

volksgeist -
In some states - check your "Residential Landlord and Tenant" laws for your state - there is a "Fix-it notice" that you can send, notifying the landlord that either they fix it or you are cancelling the lease are out of there. YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW THE LAW EXACTLY!

BE SURE you can find a place to live if they don't fix it. This can't be used as a threat, you have to follow through.

You might also have a "I'm gonna fix it, and take it out of the rent" law ... if so, you notify the landlord and if they don't fix it within XX days, you call a contractor and send in the bill along with the rent.

Bookmark   May 1, 2005 at 8:44PM
More Discussions
fyi-spammer attack on gardenweb-don't click!
The spammers are out in full force today. Do not click...
dreamgarden
Temporary Housing
The post tell us fine information about the housing....
dayamrae138
Lawn Mowers/Leaf Blowers
I rent the top floor of a two-family home in a nice...
lynwell42
Terrified of my apartment neighbor what can I do?
I am a university student in a small city. I live in...
lexichay
Stinky perfumey air freshener neighbors
This seems to be the forum for neighbor problems -...
kashka_kat
Sponsored Products
Eastman Twin Headboard
$729.00 | Horchow
AF Lighting Crystal Teardrop 8124-1H Mini Chandelier - 8124-1H
$218.00 | Hayneedle
Bruck | Flight Track
$337.50 | YLighting
Hammary T73184-00 Hidden Treasures Counter Height Barstool in Cherry
Beyond Stores
Trident Snow White 54-Inch Ceiling Fan
$299.00 | Bellacor