surround sound in an apartment!?

RissMay 6, 2014

I would never have a subwoofer and surround sound system in an apartment solely out of COURTESY for my neighbors. The ONLY time I ever play loud music is when I know all of my neighbors are not home. My new neighbors above me are apparently into video games and play late into the night with a surround sound system. My third night here and I got NO sleep listening to to explosions, gunfire and bass riffs all night. Too pissed off to go knocking on their door I was able to dig up a pair of ear plugs but then i was afraid I wouldn't hear my alarm go off for work!!!!!!! Why would anyone be so careless??? Does anyone think of other people anymore or are they all just out for themselves!?!?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
christine1950

Your not alone, I thought I had inconsiderate neighbors above me,but the surround sound beats my idiots and if you say something it only makes it worse on you, I've tried that and all I did was hurt myself. Oh, and my building manager is useless.
Christine

Bookmark   May 11, 2014 at 8:54AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mike_kaiser_gw

Why do they have no respect for their neighbors? Because their ill mannered, self indulgent twits.

At one point I hooked my TV up through the stereo and used headphones being considerate of my neighbors (because my mommy didn't tell me I was the most important person on the planet). What I found amazing was everything I was missing at normal volume levels through the TV speakers.

Bookmark   June 23, 2014 at 11:47PM
More Discussions
Share your condo townhouse noise experiences...
I would like to know from those of you who have lived...
Mia_
Bathroom decorating ideas
Hi! I just moved in to an older style apartment building,...
Apart-ster
Finding apartment in Cary NC?
Hi, I am a single mom of two moving into Cary NC area...
aaaaaaaa
Moth problem..Help please.....
Allright I have had a moth problem for about 5 maybe...
lucidmike
3 mentally ill roommates and a baby, what to do?
I live in a small 1 bedroom apartment with 2 other...
valiumplz
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™