Glue for dishwasher gasket

weissmanJanuary 1, 2008

One end of the rubber gasket that goes around the front of my dishwasher is coming a little loose. Five years ago when it happened under warranty, the repairman put it back in the track and secured it with some kind of glue or sealant. One end is coming loose again - not sure if it's the same one as last time. I pushed it back in the track but I'd like to seal it. Does anyone know what kind of glue or sealant you can use in this situation? Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
asolo

Silicone. Clean the surfaces with a little alcohol first. Should stick tight but be removeable, too.

Bookmark   January 1, 2008 at 11:18AM
weissman

thanks asolo - what specifically should I get - is it a tube of silicone caulking or just plain silicone? Is there something specific for appliances?

Bookmark   January 1, 2008 at 11:45AM
asolo

General catagory is "silicone rubber sealant". There are a number of different brands....Dap, GE, others....available typically in 2-3oz tubes available at any hardware store. All will serve well for this purpose. I suspect you'll find it easy but if you mess up, you'll also find it easy to re-do it. The secret is getting the surfaces clean. Adhesion will be adequate and long-lasting but still forgiving if/when the time comes that you want to replace or re-do.

Bookmark   January 1, 2008 at 1:32PM
More Discussions
Install Question for Subzero Undercounter UC24 BG/S Beverage Center
We're looking to install a Subzero UC24 BG/S Undercounter...
pbx2
good experience with AJ Madison
Got a really good deal on $5k worth of Bosch appliances...
logastellus
Wolf porcelain chipping on new ovens
Argggggg!!!! New wolf E series ovens, purchased and...
jackson2348
How do you get deals on high-end appliances?
I'm pretty certain that I know what I want for my appliances....
carecooks
48 inch Bertazoni Dual Fuel or MIELE Range and Combi Oven Steamer
I am putting my options of getting the range. I have...
hkwan
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™