auctions....

patty_cakesFebruary 9, 2010

Do any of you make purchases from auctions, and if so, which ones? Do you buy for yourself or re-sale? I've been buying from the shopgoodwill.com site for my space at the antique mall, as well as Christmas gifts this year~I got a lot of old Fisher-Price for my Grandbabies. I find even w/shipping some of my purchases have been a bargain when comparing to ebay. ;o)

Here is a link that might be useful: auction

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
DLM2000

I've bought through Goodwill auctions and been very happy with my purchases, too. Some things have been true bargains but most have been 'reasonable' purchases price-wise. Maybe I could have purchased them for less but I never had to leave and hunt for them, and I consider that a big savings.

One of my purchases I surely overpaid for, but I don't care. It's an oil portrait that just spoke to me and as a result I probably bid far more than it's actual worth, but I love having it in my home so that's all that really matters. If I pro-rate the cost over time, it was really a bargain!
Rationalizing is my strong suit ;-)

Bookmark   February 9, 2010 at 3:35PM
rjinga

I have been on GW auctions many times before, and have bid on mainly art. In this case, it would have been for my home, not my booth. I also bid (but didn't win) on some nice leather coats I was planning to send to my cousin in Canada. I have found very unique art on the site

Bookmark   February 9, 2010 at 9:45PM
Ideefixe

I like Shop Goodwill.com but the descriptions are very often wrong.

Bookmark   February 10, 2010 at 4:40PM
cooperbailey

I go to the Crumpton Auction in Maryland. It is only Weds beginning spring through fall. Too much fun! I take my partner in crime.

Bookmark   February 10, 2010 at 10:35PM
More Discussions
Haviland France Limoge Covered Veg. Bowl
I have a lovely Haviland veggie bowl here but I can't...
Llweyn
Book with stamp.
Have some one seen this book stamp on a book ? and...
Dones
Mystery Lamp Company
Hello. I am trying to find out information about the...
debragcar
Help identifying Bowl
I have had this Bowl for some time, i can't seem to...
Dones
Help Identifying Cushman Furniture
I have a small Cushman cabinet, it appears that it...
cpannetti
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™