HELP Identify Glass

garlicjimFebruary 24, 2012

Hi All, I just acquired a small stemmed, clear glass about 3' tall or less. There is writing on the glass, but I haven't figured that out yet. What is striking, tho, is that there is a picture of a cross on the glass and below that an image of an elk or deer. Within the face of the animal is an image of a jester! Weird!

I've gotten some weird stuff lately and some of it quite valuable where garage/estate sales are concerned.

Here's a pic (I hope).

See at: http://garlic.com/~jimd/jester-glass2.jpg

Any info appreciated.

Regards,

Jim

Here is a link that might be useful:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
calliope

That is a Jagermeister glass. It's a German aperitif and the stag with cross is part of the trademark. No older than 1935. Probably much newer.

Bookmark   February 24, 2012 at 11:01AM
garlicjim

Thanks, Calliope. I have looked at their LOGO and can't find the Jester on it. What do you make of that? I wonder if this was a "special" event for which the logo was modified?

Many thanks,

Jim

Bookmark   February 24, 2012 at 3:52PM
calliope

No, I don't think so. I think it's just that translating the image into the medium of frosting on glass, makes it look a bit different than on a label, sort of like looking at the negative of a picture. I think it is just like looking at clouds ;-) you sometimes see things resembling other things more by chance, than intention. Those glasses are numerous on the inet, btw. They all have the logo exactly like yours. Most selling below six dollars. They must license a lot of stuff with their logo on it.

Bookmark   February 24, 2012 at 11:56PM
More Discussions
Need help identifying this lamp.
Please see the picture below. The lamp was originally...
Chuck Wert
Need history of "Lister Woodcraft"
Trying to determine if this wooden candlestick is really...
bradleyd_svh
Why isn't furniture selling?
I've been trying to sell this 45" diameter vintage...
debodun
Wanted: Blue Bonnet Margarine Vintage Dolls
I've been collecting the Blue Bonnet Margarine promotional...
beckame
Mystery Lamp Company
Hello. I am trying to find out information about the...
debragcar
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™