Apartment Air Conditioner

ponnaraviApril 21, 2005

Hello

I live in an Apartment on the second floor (also top floor)in Sayreville, NewJErsey, USA. My apartment air conditioner is not working and when outside temperature is 72+ degree, inside it gets around 90 degrees. Even If I ran the AC for whole day and nothing happens. My apartment rental agreement says that I have to change filters every 30-60 days. I haven't done that. But I called them and request a service and they said that they will come and change it. When I called later they say that they don't have any service request from me. So I am looking forward for ways to resolve this ASAP as my wife is Pregnant.

They also say that they won't check A/C or do any service call for A/C unless the outside temperature is over 70 degrees for atleast 3-4 days consecutively. Is this a valid argument?

1. How can I prove that my A/C is not working.

2. Sometimes I call and leave a service call request, later they claim that they is no service call for me. Usually it takes about 1-2 days for them to come. How can I prove that I called them.

3. The time now is 12:21 A.M and outside temperature is 75 degrees but inside it is 90 degrees. How can I make them understand my problem.

Thanks for everyone's time

Any help is greatly appreciated

Aravind

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lazy_gardens

"My apartment rental agreement says that I have to change filters every 30-60 days. I haven't done that. "

CHANGE THE FILTERS! They fill up with crap and the air can't flow through them to be cooled.

AFTER that, if it still doesn't work, THEN call for service.

Bookmark   April 22, 2005 at 9:33AM
Ripper330

Don't bother with the Property Manager, go to the Regional or Area Manager. If it doesn't get resolved there, contact the Home Office. Works everytime.

Bookmark   April 22, 2005 at 6:20PM
cutlass

CHANGE THE FILTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CLEAN IT - It doesn't take very long. Take it out and run water over the filter and let dry, place it in and run the AC.

Write down when you cleaned it, how long the AC ran and ect.

If all fails let the landlord what all you have done. If all fails, buy one ur self and put in wall. I don't play games and will not wait for the landlord to jack me off after reporting. I have had the same problem, but cleaning the filter is part of the problem and your electicity goes up if not cleaned.

I have replaced the AC and bought a new AC and took my AC to the landlords office and dropped it off with a note "DOES NOT WORK" and left the instructions. Yes it torked them off, but I turn around and tell them do ur job.

Bookmark   April 28, 2005 at 3:59AM
Str8dyme

I thought the apartment maintenance were responsible for things like changing filters.

Bookmark   April 29, 2005 at 9:57AM
luxum

In every apartment i've ever lived in (quite a few), the tenant was always responsible for changing the AC filter monthly, but the office provided them on request.

Bookmark   April 29, 2005 at 10:34AM
lazy_gardens

Str8dyme -
When the AC filters are only accessible from INSIDE the apartment, it's unlikely that the maintenance guys want to have to schedule something that any idiot can do and that happens every month.

Bookmark   April 29, 2005 at 9:37PM
More Discussions
Bathroom decorating ideas
Hi! I just moved in to an older style apartment building,...
Apart-ster
Quiet Hours???? HELP!
What exactly constitutes being quiet during quiet hours? This...
MaryCR
Apartment Owners from H**L
We live in the east in a gated apartment complex owned...
pink_warm_mama_1
Lawn Mowers/Leaf Blowers
I rent the top floor of a two-family home in a nice...
lynwell42
Stinky perfumey air freshener neighbors
This seems to be the forum for neighbor problems -...
kashka_kat
Sponsored Products
Brera S Ceiling Suspension by Flos Lighting
$575.00 | Lumens
Air Plant Wall Pod
| Dot & Bo
Bamboo Flooring: Home Decorators Collection Flooring Horizontal Toast 5/8 in.
$1.98 | Home Depot
Commercial Cool 14,000 BTU 3-in-1 Portable Air Conditioner and Dehumidifier
Overstock.com
Vitre Rectangle Suspension
Lightology
Campania International Hummingbird Cast Stone Planter - P-626-AL
$144.99 | Hayneedle
13" Matthews Diane Polished Chrome Ceiling Fan
Lamps Plus
Meditub 29x53 Left Drain White Whirlpool & Air Jetted Wheelchair Accessible Bath
Beyond Stores
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™