How do I deal with Rude Neighbors?

CalipsoMarch 11, 2004

I would like to know how to deal with rude neighbors. They have done all kinds of things to my car. I am an easy going person and my other neighbors get along very well with me except for the people where i park.

Other neighbors have problems with them also. But since my car has to be parked in front of their door I have to see them all the time.

I have completly ignored them throughout the years. However, since my assigned parking points exactly with their front door. This has become a major problem.

Whenever i go to my parking, they stand in front of my car with confrontational body language and stare directly at me while in my car and remain staring until i leave.

I would like to know the best way possible to solve this matter which has gone on way too long.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
susanjn

Do they think it is "their" parking space?

Bookmark   March 11, 2004 at 9:28PM
Karissa

Speak to your LL ... he may be able to change parking areas so that a non-so-desirable- tenant can handle their balogna and not you.

Bookmark   March 12, 2004 at 1:18PM
lazy_gardens

Standing and staring is rude, but good grief ... you are overreacting.

How far away from their door is their assigned space?

Bookmark   March 12, 2004 at 9:02PM
hrp3ks

How is she overreacting? It doesn't sound like she's reacting at all, at this point.

Calipso, have you just asked them - in a nice way - if there's a problem, or if you can help them with something? At least they'll have to answer you. You could say something like, "Oh, it's just that I often see you standing here when I'm parking and I thought maybe something was wrong or you wanted to talk to me about something, so I just thought I'd check." Then smile pleasantly and wait for them to respond.

Bookmark   March 16, 2004 at 11:04AM
hbw248

Yup... It's that Dr. Phil thing again. Get to the point and ask if there's a problem!

Bookmark   June 5, 2004 at 8:26PM
Pele

I had this problem at the first complex I lived in. I started smiling the biggest smile I could and I'd just wave and grin at them like I was thrilled to see them.

Funny, they stopped staring at me after that. I think they thought I'd lost it or something, but whatever, at least they showed some decorum, even if it was forced.

Bookmark   June 8, 2004 at 8:55PM
More Discussions
Moth problem..Help please.....
Allright I have had a moth problem for about 5 maybe...
lucidmike
Lawn Mowers/Leaf Blowers
I rent the top floor of a two-family home in a nice...
lynwell42
Terrified of my apartment neighbor what can I do?
I am a university student in a small city. I live in...
lexichay
Does anyone actually like living in an apartment?
In addition to the noise I've just posted about, another...
alllen
music instrument playing?
I'm wondering whether or not to be worried about disturbing...
outofideas009
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™