What would you call this?

peachydevaJanuary 26, 2010

I bought this beauty at auction for $1.00. It's really quite beautiful (pictures don't do it justice). Vintage 70s, perhaps earlier... the glass of the bowl and cups (which can both be removed from the wrought-iron frame) are blown glass (? they have air bubbles in them) and the beads and leaves are glass (Venetian?) Bottom of the bowl has a sticker that says "Made in India." The glass bead garland is wired to the wrought-iron frame. Very nicely composed and never used... still has the original tag.. someone paid $54.99 for this, new.

My question is... what would you call this thing? It's obviously designed to be a centerpiece on a dining table... so an epergne maybe? The cups are meant to hold candles, I think. Any ideas?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

It is what it says it is....a table centerpiece with a glass garland made in India. I bought a very similar one for a gift a year ago but instead of a circle it was in a straight line. Cost about $40.
It's not old, the glass isn't Venetian and it isn't blown....but it's pretty if that color works in your house.
Linda C

    Bookmark   January 27, 2010 at 9:58AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

thanks Linda!

    Bookmark   January 27, 2010 at 10:35AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Haviland France Limoge Covered Veg. Bowl
I have a lovely Haviland veggie bowl here but I can't...
Need history of "Lister Woodcraft"
Trying to determine if this wooden candlestick is really...
Need help identifying blue bowl
Does anyone recognize this maker's mark? It is on the...
Why isn't furniture selling?
I've been trying to sell this 45" diameter vintage...
Mystery Lamp Company
Hello. I am trying to find out information about the...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™