Garden Apartment

pouncermomMarch 9, 2006

We just moved into a garden apartment last weekend (we are having a house built, so this is temporary).

But, we cannot get over how HOT it is in the apartment. We have the heat down to 1 (lowest setting) and it is still 90 degrees in the apartment.

We have windows open and fans going, and it will get down to about 75.

Is this an indication as to what it is going to be like in the summer?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
patti43

I don't know where you live, but have you tried turning the heat all the way off and maybe turn on for a while when you feel chilled?

Forgive my ignorance, but what's a garden apartment? Does that just mean it's all on one level with nobody above? Other than that, how do you like it? Good luck with the new home you're building, by the way.

Bookmark   March 13, 2006 at 11:08PM
pouncermom

A garden apartment is kinda like living in the basement of an apartment complex. The windows are higher up (closer to the ceiling instead of between the floor and the ceiling).

We got the heat fixed. Had to call maintenance a couple of times and finally figured that someone had cranked the boiler up to 200 degrees (which is supposed to be the max).
Much better now.

House progress is coming along, so we are looking forward to that!

Bookmark   March 21, 2006 at 4:43PM
patti43

Ah, so that's what a garden apartment is. Thanks. Glad you got the heat fixed. No wonder you were so hot!

Bookmark   March 23, 2006 at 10:38PM
jannie

My dorm room in college was incredibly hot. Even in upstate New York, we had to open the windows at night to sleep! I think it spoiled my body for the rest of my life. Now I'm always cold in my house, even with the thermostat at 75 and lots of blankets on my bed!

Bookmark   March 24, 2006 at 10:37PM
More Discussions
Found these bugs in my apartment , please identify
Found a bunch of these bugs in my apartment and am...
iamcorymorgan
Temporary Housing
The post tell us fine information about the housing....
dayamrae138
Help with reducing noise
I live in a second floor apartment with my 5 year old...
erin277
Feeling Harassed by Downstairs Neighbors
My boyfriend and I moved into an older apartment complex...
storybrook
Finding apartment in Cary NC?
Hi, I am a single mom of two moving into Cary NC area...
aaaaaaaa
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™