old/ antique looking lamp

lisamarie1January 25, 2012

I have a pale yellow glass table lamp. it has bronze supporting ring and base. It looks old, and has a rose pattern etched into the shade and base. It lights at the base and under the shade. The supporting ring holding the shade up is a lace looking design and the top of the shade looks like it ruffles out. any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

A picture would make an opinion possible....sounds like it might be an old oil lamp, but can't say much without a picture.

Bookmark   January 25, 2012 at 11:37PM
karinl

Maybe "gone with the wind" lamp or a not-quite-so-old Colonial table lamp? You might do image searches for both terms and see if you recognize anything.

Karin L

Bookmark   January 26, 2012 at 11:24AM
calliope

I'm sorry, but without a picture I don't think anyone can go very far with this one. You have exactly described a lamp I have I purchased in the early seventies from a gift shop. It wasn't an el-cheapo from a box store, nor cheap, but it was a reproduction. The light in the base statement makes me suspicious yours might be as well. Does it have a key to turn on the upper light (sits inside a chimney)? A key made to look like the one you'd lengthen the wick with? That's usually the tip-off it's a reproduction. Electrified oil lamps usually have the control switches elsewhere because the old key to lengthen the wick would have been preserved and be non-functional.

Bookmark   January 26, 2012 at 12:22PM
More Discussions
Vase no marks new or old ?
I have this vase with no mark at bottom, it's real...
Dones
Need history of "Lister Woodcraft"
Trying to determine if this wooden candlestick is really...
bradleyd_svh
Three crown stamp on fork: Swedish or U.S.?
Any idea on the age or authenticity of this brass fork...
bradleyd_svh
Book with stamp.
Have some one seen this book stamp on a book ? and...
Dones
Help Identifying Cushman Furniture
I have a small Cushman cabinet, it appears that it...
cpannetti
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™