Induction Cooktop choice (yes, another one)

scotkightJanuary 17, 2014

I'm thinking about the bosch 800 series 36" cooktop. Seems to be the right mixture of features and reliability. As well as no complaints of buzzing.

that being said, I am concerned about cooking using things like my cast iron griddle, and using a roasting pan and trying to deglaze. Mostly since the 800 does not have a bridged burner setup.

Is this an issue? If so, what options do i have in a comparable brand with similar reliability, looks and options? Cost *IS* an object here :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Ed-C

I've had bad experience with the Bosch brand myself, though never had one of their induction units. For a recent induction purchase of my own I used warranty life as an indicator of the mfgs.' belief in the unit's reliability.

Bookmark   January 17, 2014 at 5:15PM
herring_maven

scotkight: "Mostly since the 800 does not have a bridged burner setup. ... what options do i have in a comparable brand with similar reliability, looks and options? Cost *IS* an object here"

The LG LCE30845 is a 30" (not a 36") induction cooktop that has a true bridging pair of elements. It is fairly basic: no timers for the burners, for example. But it is much less expensive than a Bosch and just as reliable.

Bookmark   January 17, 2014 at 10:48PM
beth

My appliance dealer told me that Bosch is coming out with a new 36" induction cooktop in April. It will have the large central burner that it now has, and the areas to the left and right will be zoneless, allowing for griddles.

Bookmark   January 21, 2014 at 9:41AM
More Discussions
Best duel fuel range
If you wanted duel fuel which would you go for?
nismo99
Does Anyone have the Wolf Range with a Griddle?
I've got one and I find the grease doesn't drip into...
sbedelman
Fisher Paykel RF201ADX4 - Anyone have this fridge??
Hi Everyone, This fridge has a pretty good price right...
LiliReno
What electric oven to get? speed oven, combo-steam, or regular?
If I am going to go with an all gas range, which would...
nismo99
Cabinet front dishwashers
We are putting in two cabinet-front dishwashers in...
mwinfield
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™