upstairs nieghbhor noise

zgjinkMarch 16, 2005

I live in a condo in Vail Colorado that I bought four years ago ( it was built in 1968) and upstairs they remolded with wooden floors and the constant noise becomes unbearable at times, I suspect there is not proper corking or padding the HOA has no rules about this issue. Does anybody have any ideas what I can do, I almost wish I could litigate the owner upstairs that rents it out.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
talley_sue_nyc

could you get the condo board or HOA to CREATE rules governing this?

You'll get all the downstairs neighbors voting yes, and allt he upstairs neighbors voting no.

The only other possibility is to politely ask them not to wear shoes--that would help a bit.

Bookmark   March 16, 2005 at 2:58PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
romy2004

That's horrible. Talley Sue has a point - maybe you could get the rule for this in effect. To be honest, don't know how much they would enforce it, though. We have a rule in our co-op that all floors must be covered in carpet, excepting the kitchen and bathroom. Our upstairs neighbors sound like they have elephants in their apartment. We know for a fact that not only has the super seen their apartment but also one of the members of the Board. And still they plod along at 4:00 in the morning. Can't seem to win.

Bookmark   March 17, 2005 at 9:05AM
More Discussions
3 mentally ill roommates and a baby, what to do?
I live in a small 1 bedroom apartment with 2 other...
valiumplz
Feeling Harassed by Downstairs Neighbors
My boyfriend and I moved into an older apartment complex...
storybrook
How common are door notes for communicating with tenants?
Is it legal for an apartment manager to put paper notes...
Jck507
Share your condo townhouse noise experiences...
I would like to know from those of you who have lived...
Mia_
Apartment vs Individual home
Which one do all people likes to stay in an Apartment...
kushy28
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™