Scared of the upstairs neighbor

kerilynFebruary 16, 2011

I've recently had some neighbors move in and their music is way loud. After a couple of nights hearing it I left a note kindly saying they may not realize how loud it is but it is very loud to the neighbor downstairs. A week went by and everything was fine. However then it started up again. I pounded on the ceiling and they got the point and turned it off. But now it seems like a daily thing and I told the managers about it twice. Today when I got home they purposely had it louder than normal for an hour. Then turned it off. I think it was they're way of saying you can't tell us what to do. I'm not trying to start anything. I live in a very high crime area and I don't want to cause any more problems. I don't want cops involved, but I'm nervous about what if I started something I shouldn't have. I only have 2 more months on my contract and don't know if I should buy out or let things get worse. Or transfer upstairs for 2 months and pay the 235 dollar transfer fee. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
westvillager

Passive aggressiveness is not to be feared.

Bookmark   March 7, 2011 at 5:33PM
More Discussions
3 mentally ill roommates and a baby, what to do?
I live in a small 1 bedroom apartment with 2 other...
valiumplz
Terrified of my apartment neighbor what can I do?
I am a university student in a small city. I live in...
lexichay
How common are door notes for communicating with tenants?
Is it legal for an apartment manager to put paper notes...
Jck507
music instrument playing?
I'm wondering whether or not to be worried about disturbing...
outofideas009
Arranging the living room. Help needed.
Hi there, I am needing some help regarding the arrangement...
KarimT
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™