Storage Fees Went up

elcheFebruary 12, 2007

Hello folks this is my first time posting here so any thoughts or ideas regarding my situation is welcome. I moved into this apart place over a month ago. One of the appealing things was the $25.00 storage facility. I have been paying $70 per month for a 5X9 or something like that at this commercial space. Dimension wise is similar to the one rented to tenants at my new place.

As soon as I moved in told the manager that I was interested in renting one of the spaces but that I was going to do it at the end of my first month since I already paid renting at the other commercial rental place and she said it was fine.

Now I reminded her of that and her replied was, "Oh now is going to cost you $50 per month. The supervisor raised it." I reminded her that I mentioned my desired for renting a space at my apart building more than once and she never mentioned that until now. Then she kept saying that I didnt sign any contract and it was all orally. "You should had taken it and sign the contract when I told you $25 then" is all she kept saying. Then she said that she will talk to the supervisor and see what he says.

I dont know what to do for my own manager and her daughter told me that it was $25 as soon as I moved here a month ago and now these folks decided to raised it 100%. Sounds pretty unfair to me. What are my recourses here?

Thanks

El Che

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nfllifer

No recourse. You had no agreement verbally or written. Prices do go up, yes its 100% but its also only $25 more and still less than comperable space in your area.

Best of luck and next time you run a across a sweat deal JUMP ON IT!

Bookmark   February 12, 2007 at 11:30PM
More Discussions
Temporary Housing
The post tell us fine information about the housing....
dayamrae138
Found these bugs in my apartment , please identify
Found a bunch of these bugs in my apartment and am...
iamcorymorgan
Apartment Owners from H**L
We live in the east in a gated apartment complex owned...
pink_warm_mama_1
Noisy neighbor - am I being oversensitive?
Live in a townhouse next to people with two small kids...
hblotus95
What is it with crazy people and parking spaces?
I live in an apartment otherwise known as the 'beehive'...
MassMitten
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™