Loud Roof Ventilation/Exhaust Fan in Condo

Ann34February 10, 2014

I live on the top floor of a mid sized condo building. Recently (the winter) there has been this loud but low frequency droning noise in the walls facing the hallway. It sounds like a washing machine on spin cycle through the apartment and it is very annoying. It is even louder out in the hallway. If you put your ear to the wall it sounds like an jet engine running. I spoke the the maintenance and they said it was the roof ventilation turbine blades spinning. Probably but why all of a sudden is this so loud and travelling down to my apartment? There is also a slight vibration on the floor. Also this maintenance is not keen to spend money so what possibly can they do to fix it and can I suggest for them low cost?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
camlan

This is an issue I'd bring up to the condo association. It's a new noise, which could mean that the cold winter weather or snow is causing it. Or it could mean that something is broken or about to break.

I'd tell the association that you've checked with Maintenance and have not received an answer that explains the sudden increase in volume, and you'd like them to check it out.

If something breaks, you, as a condo owner, will have to pay part of the costs of repair, if the association doesn't have enough money on hand to cover the cost. So you have a vested interest in finding out what the cause of the noise increase is.

Bookmark   February 10, 2014 at 3:13PM
More Discussions
Garage apartment floor plan review
We are building a house at the beach (Seagrove Beach,...
cobbyw
fyi-spammer attack on gardenweb-don't click!
The spammers are out in full force today. Do not click...
dreamgarden
music instrument playing?
I'm wondering whether or not to be worried about disturbing...
outofideas009
Running upstairs!!!!
Please someone help me...I need some advice!! At this...
Venus78k
Appliance Size for garage apartment
building an apartment over a garage. apt size is 500...
cobbyw
Sponsored Products
Monica Pedersen Aberdeen Drapery
$189.00 | FRONTGATE
New Cat Condos Round Multi Cat Scratcher - 110024 - BEIGE
$52.99 | Hayneedle
New Cat Condos Triple Cat Tunnel - 110031 - BEIGE
$139.99 | Hayneedle
New Cat Condos Pet Hiding Cube - 110021 - BEIGE
$79.99 | Hayneedle
Avanity Bathroom Tribeca 25 in. Vanity in Chilled Gray with Granite Vanity Top
Home Depot