Japanese Whistling Tea Set Circa 60's

mlchrt4January 20, 2010

I've got a 15 piece tea set that my brother sent to my Mom from Japan. I've got 10 pics for anyone interested, who may help me figure out any info or value on this. I don't know how or even if you can post pics here. Anyone wanting pics, please email me at mlchrt4@comcast.net. You can view a few of the pics at the listed url. Thank you

Here is a link that might be useful: Japanese Whistling Tea Set

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Ideefixe

Looks like a typical 60s style. I don't think it's anything rare or valuable, but it's pretty.

Why don't you try it out and see if it whistles?

Bookmark   January 23, 2010 at 4:38PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
calliope

I have a couple sake sets of the same design and composition. Those are nice, and very indicative of the type of pottery not typically touristy and flashy. My sets came from around Gunma prefecture, made in local pot shops. Yours are a set made for Western tastes (creamer and sugar and handles on the cups). Why do you call them 'whistling'? Is there something on/in them I'm not seeing?

These aren't "junk"....it's a nice set. I don't know what they'd be getting stateside, since most Americans opted for the flashy stuff........though this is more authentic of styles you'd actually see in use in that time frame.

Bookmark   January 23, 2010 at 5:18PM
More Discussions
Need Help to ID Native American Jewelry Bracelet
I picked this up at local garage sale and thought it...
devincu
Any Idea what this item could be?
Simply put I have zero idea what this could be, It...
mikerond
Antique Bell evaluation
Hi, I have this antique bell. Can anyone tell me what...
Shay Yakobi
Japanese Vase
I just got this vase at street sale would like to know...
Dones
Three crown stamp on fork: Swedish or U.S.?
Any idea on the age or authenticity of this brass fork...
bradleyd_svh
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™