kitchenaid kude48fxss

awd_ftwJanuary 19, 2014

Hi I've been searching for information on KitchenAid appliances and I have found some mixed reviews on this website. I purchased the KUDE48FXSS dishwasher last week and I was wondering if I should change the clamp on the drain hose to a screw type clamp. I've read on previous topics that this is the main culprit, but the picture of the clamp used is different than what came with mine.

This is the same clamp that is on the drain line from the motor.

Should I ditched that clamp and go with this?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dadoes

The clamp of note is inside the machine's pump mechanism, not on the drain hose.

Bookmark   January 19, 2014 at 9:42AM
akl_vdb

I just bought that dishwasher too (don't have it yet). Thanks for the question, I was wondering where the culprit was too.

Bookmark   January 20, 2014 at 7:44AM
laundryvet

Screw clamp is better than spring clamp when properly torqued IMHO.

I would personally never specify a spring clamp on any high pressure joint, leaving spring clamps only for low pressure joints.

Laundryvet

Bookmark   January 21, 2014 at 9:27PM
awd_ftw

thank you all for the reply.I actually had a whirlpool tech today to fix my OTR. It wasn't broken just missing a thread in the screw hole. Anyways I asked him about any recall or service updates for my particular kitchenaid dishwasher and my slide in range (KESS907SSS). Apparently the clamp on the motor was a big problem for the kude70 and 60s. Kitchenaid address this issue last year. For my DW (kude48) had some problem as well but as long as I bought it recently (after the update) I should be fine.

Tech also stated that the self cleaning on some KA ranges are a problem and he fixed dozens in the past 6 months. He had no explanation other than bad design. So he warned me about the problem and told me to cross my fingers and hope mine doesn't crap out

Bookmark   January 26, 2014 at 11:38PM
awd_ftw

sorry I didn't go into detail about the KA update. Tech told me KA used a different clamp and DW that was built after that update shouldnt leak at all.

Bookmark   January 26, 2014 at 11:40PM
More Discussions
Anyone with a double oven range wish they had gone with wall ovens?
My DH thought we'd get a double oven range, but I like...
happyallison
Questions on Bosch and Wolf induction - min. pan sizes
Hi, I have been reading posts on this forum for quite...
houztongirl
Convection Microwave vs Speed Cook Microwave Help
We are remodeling our basement to include a kitchenette...
Teresa Cooper
New Bertazzoni Induction Range?
I just saw a press release from Bertazzoni about a...
ltislander
cancer warning on kitchenaid dw
New kitchenaid dishwasher manual has warnings for chemicals...
kickball
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™