Share your small kitchen pictures and thoughts

makingthishome_katieJanuary 9, 2009

Do you have pictures or thoughts about living in small spaces that youÂd like to share? I have a blog called www.makingthishome.com where I talk about small living, green thoughts, and being creative at home. IÂve seen so many beautiful thoughts on here that I thought IÂd ask. Want to share your space?

IÂm an American living in a 480 square foot apartment in Germany. The kitchen is 36 square feet, which I love. I just featured a tour of a 20 square foot kitchen by a reader. Even if you donÂt want to share a bit of your space, I'd love to know your thoughts on living small.

Katie

Here is a link that might be useful: most recent small space tour

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mrebecca

Hi Katie, Sounds interesting! I'll definitely follow you on your blog... my husband and I live in a small condo in Washington, DC, and the original builders clearly thought the kitchen was the place to economize space. We are debating whether to renovate now - a biggish decision since the kitchen would be open to the rest of our place and so require quite a bit to make it seamless and the modern kitchen we want it to be. See you on your blog!
Rebecca
http://thepunchlist.wordpress.com

Here is a link that might be useful: 17th and Riggs Contemporary Furniture

Bookmark   January 12, 2009 at 4:44PM
joycedc

Rebecca: I have a condo in Dupont Circle and renovated my 56 sf kitchen this past summer. If you are looking for 24" appliances (fridge, stove), check out the Fagor fridge and the Bertazzoni oven. They are modern and great in size and function.

Bookmark   January 13, 2009 at 4:36PM
dreamgarden

"If you are looking for 24" appliances (fridge, stove), check out the Fagor fridge and the Bertazzoni oven. They are modern and great in size and function."

Anyone have any suggestions about where to shop for a mini washer/dryer combo?

Bookmark   January 17, 2009 at 1:37PM
bbstx

dreamgarden, read up on dryer/washer combos (by that I mean one machine that both washes and dries). I considered one for a while, but in researching found that it often takes 6 hours to run one load.

My daughter has a friend in London who had one in her apartment. She got so exasperated with the length of time it took to do a complete wash/dry cycle, that she only uses the washing function. She uses a drying rack for to dry.

Bookmark   January 17, 2009 at 2:53PM
dreamgarden

bbstx-"dreamgarden, read up on dryer/washer combos (by that I mean one machine that both washes and dries). I considered one for a while, but in researching found that it often takes 6 hours to run one load."

Thanks for the tip. Laundry takes long enough without waiting 6 hours for clothes to dry. Here's a link for a nice size drying rack for those who are interested...

A link that might be useful:

www.lehmans.com/

Bookmark   January 19, 2009 at 11:43AM
More Discussions
Terrified of my apartment neighbor what can I do?
I am a university student in a small city. I live in...
lexichay
Running upstairs!!!!
Please someone help me...I need some advice!! At this...
Venus78k
3 mentally ill roommates and a baby, what to do?
I live in a small 1 bedroom apartment with 2 other...
valiumplz
Moth problem..Help please.....
Allright I have had a moth problem for about 5 maybe...
lucidmike
How common are door notes for communicating with tenants?
Is it legal for an apartment manager to put paper notes...
Jck507
Sponsored Products
R Series Galvanized 18-Inch Outdoor Radial Wave Pendant with 24-Inch Stem
$137.78 | Bellacor
Zaneen | Mini Dau LED Wall Sconce
$569.60 | YLighting
Mint Green Rectangle Round-Dent Frame
$12.99 | zulily
Aiden End Table
Cost Plus World Market
Wildwood Rustic Metal Frame Bookcase/ Room Divider
Overstock.com