Must decide! Getting 2 dishwashers:Bosch and KA-your thoughts?
OK, so I know that I'm in a fortunate position in that we are remodeling and can fit two full-size dishwashers, one in the butler's pantry/wet bar and one in the kitchen.
Here's what I'm leaning towards for my plan - but I've been agonizing... I'd love to know your thoughts:
Wet Bar: Bosch 800 Series SHX98M09UC
- The butler's pantry/wet bar is next to our dining room with a no door between them so I wanted a QUIET dw that we could run even while "preserving the moment" in the dining room after a dinner party.
- We are really ONLY running it for wine glasses, plates, china - really no plastics at all. So, the lack of the heated dry should be fine for us. Plus, we'll usually have time to let it sit - won't need to empty it the moment it finishes.
- I have the opportunity for a local store (Bray & Scarff) floor model that is virtually new for $899 - good deal. They will also guarantee the model and provide service if necessary.
- SUMMARY: This is the spot for an elegant, quiet dw that will handle the "results" of our entertaining.
Kitchen: Kitchen Aid, Either KitchenAid Superba Series KUDE60HXSS or KUDE60FXSS, mainly for the Power Dry
- The reality is that often our entire upper rack in our current Frigidaire is filled with plastics. Our daughters must bring a trash-free lunch and water bottle every day, so it's multiple plastic containers a DAY (plus our adult tervis tumblers!) We also have Pottery Barn Kids melamine bowls. I need a dishwasher that DRIES plastic, even if it can only be on the top rack. We usually fill the bottom with plates and pots and pans anyway.
- Disposal is useful for us with the amount of pre-rinsing we do. I am more likely to really pre-wash (something my father raised me to do! Hubby often says the dishes are already clean when they go in the dw!) BUT, I'd like my daughters to load more often and as quickly as they can so I'd like something to be able to handle that (without me having to pull out and manually empty a filter.)
- It's still rated as quiet. The dw is in our kitchen which is connected to a larger family room, though separated by a table. I don't need it to be silent but I'd like it to be quiet.
- Can anyone tell me what I'd need to do on the KA to be sure it's flush vs protruding an inch 1/2?
- SUMMARY: I want a work horse in the kitchen. We are a busy family of 4.
OK, so thoughts on my solution? PLEASE share your thoughts - I have to make a decision and order in the next 24 hours. I'd really like to hear from the Garden Web community!
Thanks in advance!
P.S. Don't think it hasn't occurred to me that eventually if I fall in love with the Bosch 800, I could switch them! :-)