Apartment Maintenance request

Cray_1January 16, 2013

Hi there. So this is strange and I would like some opinions. My complex has a online site for things like information and to pay rent and is used for multiple properties all over the country. There is also a place to submit maintenance requests, however, they specifically asked us not to use it for they prefer to see us face to face. Correct me if I'm worng but I believe this is a way to keep maintenance records out of the central office and by doing so they are Probably committing some sort of fraud.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
camlan

Not necessarily. They may find the on-line system to be clunky and inefficient. Or they may get a lot of fake requests on-line and waste a lot of time following up on them. Making you come to the office would cut down on that.

And, yes, maybe there is some fraud going on, although I can't figure out what it might be. As long as your repairs are made promptly, does it matter?

Bookmark   January 16, 2013 at 4:52PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mike_kaiser_gw

I'd be more inclined to think that after a couple of drinks the online system would generate all kinds of complaints, ones that person-to-person wouldn't generate. That or local management would prefer that national management thinks that all the tenants are happy.

I doubt there's anything fraudulent going on. More importantly, if you problem is fixed, who cares?

Bookmark   January 18, 2013 at 11:17PM
More Discussions
Need help with a doorway partition
I just moved into a studio apartment and I'm looking...
sfliving
Terrified of my apartment neighbor what can I do?
I am a university student in a small city. I live in...
lexichay
Share your condo townhouse noise experiences...
I would like to know from those of you who have lived...
Mia_
Arranging the living room. Help needed.
Hi there, I am needing some help regarding the arrangement...
KarimT
Bathroom decorating ideas
Hi! I just moved in to an older style apartment building,...
Apart-ster
Sponsored Products
Cameron 6 Drawer Media Chest - Traditional Cherry Multicolor - CM750TV
$710.00 | Hayneedle
Bedetti Two-Tone Silver 18-Light 42-Inch Wide Chandelier with Firenze Clear Crys
Bellacor
Gervin Loveseat - Key Largo Grape Purple
Joybird Furniture
Moooi | Bassotti Toes
$320.00 | YLighting
Corner Flame Fireplace by Radius
$1,450.00 | Lumens
Owens modern sectional sofa
Interior Define
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™