Question about Lamps

jessiesueJanuary 31, 2012

When we got married ten years ago two sister-n-laws gave use an older lamp each. Both are ivory porcelain with flowers on front on gold trim work, Urn style. They are not matching set, but both have patterns that seem to match Homer Laughlin dishes. I haven't been able to find any markings except one has a gold check mark hand painted on the inside of bottom. So I guess it is hand painted as well. Did Homer Laughlin do lamps. I can post pictures if needed. Value don't mean alot to me. I think they are pretty and I never grow tired of the older stuff.............I don't know that they are even that old.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

As far as I know, Homer Laughlin never made lamps....but that "look" was very popular in, say the 1940's and lamps were made which had that look.
The gold check mark simply means that the gold was applied and checked. Very likely the design was a decal, but maybe not.
Linda C

Bookmark   January 31, 2012 at 9:48AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nyboy

Can you ask your sister-n-law if she knows anything about the lamps? I am sure she will be flattered that you love her gift.

Bookmark   January 31, 2012 at 10:01AM
More Discussions
Need help identifying blue bowl
Does anyone recognize this maker's mark? It is on the...
SFQ54
Help Identifying Cushman Furniture
I have a small Cushman cabinet, it appears that it...
cpannetti
Japanese Vase
I just got this vase at street sale would like to know...
Dones
name on vase
Have any one seen this name before on a small vase,...
Dones
Three crown stamp on fork: Swedish or U.S.?
Any idea on the age or authenticity of this brass fork...
bradleyd_svh
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™