NFL Suspends Haynesworth

hohoholidayOctober 3, 2006

So, Albert Haynesworth received a five-game suspension for his assault on Andre Gurode. Personally, I don't think it's enough. I'd have booted his keister out for the season. I know he's apologetic and I appreciated the fact that he stepped right up and didn't make excuses. But, it is what it is -- he's lucky he didn't end up in jail.

Did anyone hear if the Titans imposed any punishment of their own?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
knotz

I agree...that was AWFUL!!..He knew exactly what he was doing....He should be suspended for the rest of the season...

I haven't heard anything else yet...Try checking out their web site..

Go Steelers :)

Bookmark   October 4, 2006 at 12:42AM
mom24

That was the most pathetic thing I have seen in a long time. You're right, 5 game suspension is not near enough. He should have to leave the game. I hadn't heard of any additional punishment by the Titans coach, but I hope he does. The guy should be in jail for assault.

GO BEARS!!!!

Bookmark   October 4, 2006 at 8:54AM
ralf58

I heard yesterday that the police are asking if the injured player wants to press charges. I don't know what the result was.

I also read in the paper that Haynesworth has had a series of violent incidents. It's great that he was contrite, but he really needs help to get a handle on this before he hurts someone permanently.

Kudos to Jeff Fisher for stating immediately that the behavior was unacceptable.

Bookmark   October 4, 2006 at 10:17AM
debnfla8b

RUTH!!!!

I just saw this new forum and was about to tell you about. Luckily I popped in to see what was going on. I just knew you would like this one since its about football!!! So funny to see you have already found your way here.

Deb :o))))

Bookmark   October 4, 2006 at 3:01PM
ralf58

I know. I'm doomed.

Bookmark   October 4, 2006 at 11:26PM
firstkim

Gurode's not going to press criminal charges, but he's keeping the option of a lawsuit open, especially if his vision doesn't clear up.

Here is a link that might be useful: STEELERS!

Bookmark   October 6, 2006 at 8:49PM
daisydo

I don't know if Gurode will press charges or not. In our local paper(The Tennessean) it doesn't seem he will. However, Fisher was quoted as saying he doesn't know if he wants Haynesworth back after the suspension. We have enough problems without his temper. It is odd that he has never had any publicity with problems off the playing field, only on the field. Maybe he should just quite playing football. The Colts VS Titan game was the best of the season without him, even though it was a loss!

Bookmark   October 9, 2006 at 7:55PM
More Discussions
How About Notre Dame
Trying to send those ads away....
irishdancersgram
afl
any fans of Australian Rules Football on here?
flowerchild_2008
Yoi! We will miss you Myron!
A true Pittsburgh icon passed away yesterday. Myron...
mamabirrd
Week 11 picks
Hey, what's a football forum without picks! Here are...
ross939
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh....
GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lellie
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™