Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
johnzane

whirlpool wfc7500vw

johnzane
15 years ago

I'm looking for a review of the WHIRLPOOL WFC7500VW front load compact from someone who's either an owner or an expert on this compact front loading machine. I have already done extensive research on the history of this particular model, including epinions, and understand it is a re-branded Italian job, which suffered through a period of corporate brand takeovers, during which time, a number of "lemons" were released upon unsuspecting discounters such as Lowes, precipitating a cascade of terrible reviews. Shameful indeed, since Whirlpool has been a top brand in my family for 3 generations, but I am stuck with a small apartment and a smaller budget, and am not impressed with the Miele nor Bosch sets, and cannot fit any of the 27" models. Anyone?

Comments (6)

• chaskelljr2
    15 years ago

"Johnzane":

Actually, that makes two of us. I am also interested in this machine as well. I am also considering a Whirlpool WFC7500VW over the similarly sized Maytag MAH2400AWW (the reliability and horrible repair record has steered me away from the Maytag), and on my shortlist, this machine (talking about the Whirlpool WFC7500VW) is also a front runner right along with the LG WM3431HW Washer/Dryer Combination.

As for Miele and Bosch??? It's not that I am impressed with them or not. I simply just cannot afford them.

Along with "johnzane", does anyone have any experience or at least some first hand knowledge of the Whirlpool WFC7500VW???

Johnzane and I await your answers eagerly.

Thanks in advance for any replies that come this way.

--Charles--

• city_hopper
    15 years ago

I am looking into that model as well has the WFW8400. BrandSmart has the WFC7500 for the pair at $888 through this Thursday. I am curious to find out what is the maximum capacity on the 7500. Will it was a queen comforter?

• city_hopper
    15 years ago

I am looking into that model as well has the WFW8400. BrandSmart has the WFC7500 for the pair at $888 through this Thursday. I am curious to find out what is the maximum capacity on the 7500. Will it be able to fit a queen comforter?

• marek12345
    15 years ago

I found one favorable and one unfavorable review at bestbuy. I found one unfavorable review at CIAO, review # 10207331. Please elaborate a little on "it is a re-branded Italian job, which suffered through a period of corporate brand takeovers, during which time, a number of "lemons" were released upon unsuspecting discounters such as Lowes, precipitating a cascade of terrible reviews" sufficiently to locate the terrible reviews.

• cynic
    15 years ago

Will it be able to fit a queen comforter?
    I'm sure it'll fit *A* queen comforter, but the real question is whether it'll fit YOUR queen comforter. At 2.3 cf capacity, it's hard to say. There's no standard for the volume on a queen, or any other size comforter. Your best bet is to take it with you to the store and put it in there and see if it fits comfortably. After seeing manufacturers talk about 24 pairs of jeans, 30 towels, and other hype on capacity, without regard to weight, or anything, I think the only real way to find out if it'll serve your needs is to try with your laundry.

• lilacserenity
    15 years ago

I am too looking for a compact washer (max width 24") to fit into my closet space. And it looks like these two models (Maytag's MAH2400AWW and Whirlpool's WFC7500VW) are pretty much the only 24" washers out there. If you found any other ones, please let me know!
    As it turns out, compact washers are not only unpopular (not that many reviews found), but also poorly rated. Im devastated. At this point i dont even care about the price. Just show me a washer with decent reviews!!! And since, for some reason, compact washers cost more than the standard ones, its especially upsetting if it breaks down in a few months.

to kitsap2:
    im looking forward to your review of the newly purchased WFC7500VW! But please let us know how it's doing in a few months as well since the washer's door tends to break according to people's reviews. Thanx!