Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rufinorox

Grohe Lady Lux or Grohe Bridgeford?

rufinorox
14 years ago

I'm still undecided between the lady lux or the bridgeford. I like the style of both, but one comes in stainless the other only in brushed nickel. They both don't have a choice of both finishes. Which do you have? Should I get stainless over brushed nickel?

Comments (18)

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sorry ... I need help! I'm hoping someone will respnd, I need to order asap and I'm still undecided. I'm not sure if the reach on both is the same. We will have a 30" single sink installed.

• alwaysfixin
    14 years ago

No one has responded because you have not provided enough information. Both of those styles you've named come in pull-out and pull-down versions, so the reach you are asking about will depend on the style. So, which Bridgeford? There are 3: the pull-down, the high-profile bridge, or the high-profile wideset? Which Lady Lux? The Ladylux3, Ladylux Pro, Ladylux Plus or Ladylux Cafe? And within each of those Ladyluxes, there are pull-out and pull-down styles. If you are so close to being ready to order, you should be able to include with your post some model numbers and/or style names.

It's also impossible to answer your question about finishes, since you have not provided information about other finishes in your kitchen. Do you have any other nickel (polished or brushed) elsewhere in your kitchen? Can you go to a showroom and see the finishes to see which one you prefer?

As to the faucets' reach, all the Grohe faucet specifications are on the Grohe website, so you can find the reach for each faucet by going to the Grohe website and opening up the specs for the faucets you are interested in.

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Alwaysfixin - Sorry I'm new to the site and still learning to post. I didn't realize there were so many types to choose from so I didn't think I needed to post model #'s. I've been looking at faucetdepot.com and the one's I've seen that I like are the two I mentioned. Grohe Bridgeford Dual Spray Pull-Out Kitchen Faucet or Grohe Lady Lux Cafe Pull Out. My appliances are stainless steel, but my pulls are going to be a brushed nickel. The salesperson in the showroom said there is no difference from the two, but I'm sure there must be. I was hoping anyone on this site would be able to tell me what they like/dislike about their Grohe faucet either the Lady Lux Cafe or Bridgeford. I don't think either finish would matter in the kitchen, since they could match either our appliances or handles.

By the way isn't this website to get other people's opinions on how the items work for them and what they can tell us about it.

thanks for the info!

• friedajune
    14 years ago

Both of those Grohe faucets have the "hold and release" spray feature, which means the faucet will only stay on spray as long as you continue to hold down the button. IMHO, that would be a PITA, because many times I like to leave the faucet on spray and not have to be holding the button. For example, I'll leave a colander of fruit in the sink for rinsing, leave the faucet on spray, and do something else for a minute. The Ladylux Cafe and the Bridgeford pull-down make you have to hold the button to keep on spray. Grohe makes top-notch faucets, and there are many other Grohe faucets where you can let go of the button and have the faucet stay on spray. So, I wouldn't go for either of those choices you've named. Sorry, but you asked for opinions on how these faucets work.

As to finish, that decision, the way you've described it, sounds like personal choice, so no one I think can really help you choose one or the other. You said "the lady at the showroom..." so, does that mean you saw the finishes at the showroom? Which one do YOU like?

Here is a link that might be useful: Grohe America Website

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    14 years ago

thanks again for all the helpful info. I guess I should do a little more research. I want a faucet that holds on spray as well. I'll check out there website again and hopefully find what I'm really looking for.

I did see the finishes at the showroom. They do look similar, but I prefer the stainless steel look, however is it as difficult to keep clean and does it show alot of water marks?

• stir_fryi SE Mich
    14 years ago

I have had the Ladylux Cafe stainless with black handle for about five years. I love it. It doesn't splash and I love the pull down feature (works smoothly) to rinse my large single-bowl sink.

I will tell you that the black started peeling off the handle lately but Grohe sent me a brand new handle and it was easy to replace.

And yes, you do have to hold the button in to adjust the sprayer but I don't care.

• lkremodel
    14 years ago

I've had the Ladylux Plus for 2+ years and like it. This model has the feature of the spray staying on w/o need to hold it down.

We live in an area with very hard water. We're on the city system and sediment collected, probably lime build up, with all the filters in the faucet head. The newer faucet heads are challenging to take apart to clean (special tools needed). We had to have a plumber do this to avoid damage. Plumber says this happens with almost all the brands and is becoming part of maintenance.

• lucypwd
    14 years ago

I stronly suggest a pull down. I have a Grohe lady lux pull down with the button in the back. I wanted a button that stayed on, but opted for the button on the back of the faucet head as I thought it would be the part to look worn first and didn't want it in front. I find the "hold on" spray button a non issue. Honestly it is just second nature to hold the button for a second.

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    14 years ago

lucypwd - do you have a picture of your faucet? Is the pull down comfortable in your hand? It may sound wierd, but I prefer the feel of longer neck on the pullouts.

• buffalotina
    14 years ago

I have the Grohe Bridgeford pulldown. LOVE IT!! I was disappointed when I found out the spray button has to be held to keep the spray on, but after using it for a while I have totally got used to that and I think in some ways it is more convenient. The counterbalance mechanisms is great - my plumber pointed out that Grohe is the only one that uses a spring and not a weight and it works really well.

• lucypwd
    14 years ago

I don't have a picture, but here is a link -http://www.groheamerica.com/p/25_8101.html Mine is the ladylux cafe stainless steel. Honestly I love the pull down. From my initial post you may have thought that I had the lady lux without the nozzle to pull down. Check out the picture. I have another sink with a KWS faucet - nice looking, great operation, feels substantial but it has a feature that leaves the spray on until you turn the water off or reset the button. I find it a hassle.

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    14 years ago

lucypwd - I love the look of it, but wanted to make sure it functions well, and with everyone's opinion I'm most certain I'll be pleased except for that hold on the spray. I hate when they don't put the feature on all their models. I was at the HD showroom today and I noticed the Hansgrohe 06461860 Allegro Kitchen Faucet. I loved it! but not sure of the reviews. I'm becoming overwhelmed with looking at so many faucets, I'm so confused and I'm stuck making a decision.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hansgrohe Allegro Kitchen Faucet - Steel Optik

• lucypwd
    14 years ago

Are you going to buy this faucet sight unseen?? You really need to go and see the faucets in person and if possible try them out. Some plumbing stores have certain models connected to water. I looked at the Hansgrohe and although it says pull down, from the picture it looks more like a pull out. Make sure you look at the exact model that you will be purchasing. Sink fixtures are difficult and expensive.

What do you use the spray function for currently? I had an old side pull out that required me to hold the spray button. It was a pit. The new faucets are so easy to use and the spray button take little to no effort on the grohe. You may be worried about the hold button needlessly.

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    14 years ago

No I've been to the stores to see them in person. I do prefer the pull out versus the pull down, it sits more comfortable in my hand, but I can get used to either. Unfortunately, the showrooms I've been to do not have them connected so I cannot try them for pressure. I'm only able to get a feel of the facuet, which is why I'm hear hoping someone can help my decision easier. My 3 choices are the Grohe Ladylux plus with hold on spray. the Grohe lady lux cafe or the Hansgrohe Allegro. I like the feel of all 3, but can't figure out which I like best. My granite is getting installed this week, so I need to buy soon.

• lucypwd
    14 years ago

OK ,if I had to vote between brands, I would vote for the Grohe. I have Grohe throughout the house with the exception of the utility sink faucet- danze, and pantry faucet -KWS. I think that Grohe and KWS are great. Grohe has a good reputation, looks and feels substantial. After a year with showers, baths, sink faucets, kitchen faucets I have no complaints. After you pick the brand, then it is a simple matter of picking the design. If you are that stuck on the hold button, what about this one.? Grohe 32071SDE High Profile, Pull Down - WaterCare, Stainless Steel. I think it has the spray feature you are looking for.

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    14 years ago

lucypwd - thanks for the follow-up. DH and I just got back from the showroom and found another Grohe that we both liked. I placed my order on faucetdepot.com and I'm looking forward to installation!

Thanks for all your help.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lady Lux 3

• non_handy
    14 years ago

Hi

Was wondering if anyone purchased the Ladylux 3 model 32226. Pull down. It has a lock out fuction for spray/stream. Just wanted anyone's review for it.

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I bought the lady lux 3 model#32298. I haven't received it yet as its on backorder. I think this one has the same feature. Did you receive yours? Do you like the look of it. I'm looking forward to installing it.

http://www.grohecatalog.com/product/32298/

Here is a link that might be useful: lady lux 3 Model #32298