Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Photos of white beadboard cabinets, please?

Sueb20
14 years ago

We are just starting the process of re-doing the 1980 kitchen in our summer cottage. I'm looking at white cabinets and can't decide if I want all beadboard, or maybe just beadboard on the bottom cabinets. We'll have about 12 upper cabinet doors and about 8-9 lower cabinet doors (plus maybe a DW panel). I don't know if having all beadboard will feel too busy. Not sure of backsplash yet. Counters will be black honed granite, floors will be hardwood. We're going for a retro-beach-cottage look with everything b&w but lots of bright colors in dishes, accessories, etc. I'm just trying to visualize all-beadboard versus bottom-beadboard-only. Do you have any pics to share? Thanks!

Comments (6)

• fran1523
    14 years ago

These were my original 70's cabinets with new doors. I wanted bead board from the beginning. I used a simple slab front on the drawers because they were pretty narrow.

• becktheeng
    14 years ago

I love beadboard, but decided that all beadboard would be too much, so I used it for accent pieces (wood hood, huge drawers below cooktop, back 7 end of pennisula and finish end of upper cabinet). I like having touches of it without it overwhelming the room. I've attached a link to my finished kitchen photos...hope this helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: Beadboard Photos

• chris11895
    14 years ago

I don't have any pictures (right now) but a kitchen designer I knmow does shaker style cabinets on the top and beadboard on the bottom and I think it looks really nice. I'll see if I can get some pics from her to post here.

• shelayne
    14 years ago

We are doing plain flat panel doors on our uppers and beadboard on the base cabs. Since the sides of the cabs and the peninsula is wrapped in beadboard, I didn't want it everywhere. I thought, in my kitchen, it would be too much.

• boxerpups
    14 years ago

Here are a few pictures.
    ~boxerpups

MKOV

Black Soapstone (Beadboard too)

Bayport Kitchen cabinets

Bead board

BKO

Altcoxnewswebhomeforsale

Crown point cabinets with beadboard

FlickR image

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks! Great pics. I decided to do bottoms only.