Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
osuladybug

Venetian Gold granite

osuladybug
14 years ago

Does anyone have Venetian Gold granite in their kitchen? I would love to see some pictures. I am thinking of putting it in mine, I have medium oak raised panel cabinets. I also just posted about what to put over a blank spot over the kitchen sink. Someone said they have shaker drawers over theirs...I don't know what those look like so if someone can show me that would be great. Thanks for all the good advice I have gotten through this forum.

Comments (34)

• osuladybug
    Original Author
    14 years ago

What a beautiful kitchen! And I see you have a piece of franciscanware apple pattern, I have that in my kitchen too.I've been reading about granite, do you have to seal yours often? It looks beautiful. Thank you for the picture!

• Kathleen McGuire
    14 years ago

Here it is in my basement kitchen area. I love it, especially with the chocolate brown silgranite sink!

• PRO
    Roxie Paone
    14 years ago

KMCH85 what is the color of your wall...beautiful

• Oakley
    14 years ago

OSU (Oklahoma State by chance?), We just finished remodeling the kitchen a couple of months ago, so it's only been sealed once.

I have a few Franciscan from my mom that she bought when she and my dad married. I've been collecting Watt Pottery to go with it. Have you seen Watt Pottery? If you like the Apple Franciscan, you'd love Watt Pottery!

Here's a picture of my hutch with some WP on it.

• osuladybug
    Original Author
    14 years ago

No, I'm Ohio State University! Go Bucks!
    Thanks for your pictures Oakleyok, I love that pottery. I am going to have to check it out. My pieces of Apple Pattern are also from my parents who were married in 1944. I painted my dining room burgundy and they match perfectly. Thanks again for sharing...love your kitchen.

KMCH85...love that brown sink...that gave me another idea I hadn't thought of. Thanks for sharing.I like your wall color too.

Thank you so much everyone. I just love seeing pictures from other homes. Everyone is so decorating savvy on GW.

• anncarolyn
    14 years ago

I have New Venetian Gold in my newly remodeled kitchen. I love it with my cherry cabinets. I will try to get a picture of it tonight and send it.

• Kathleen McGuire
    14 years ago

Thankyou Roxyh! The color is Pratt & Lambert Peppercorn. OSUladybug, you must be in my neck of the woods. However, I am rooting for NAVY on Saturday! My DH went to USNA. We're going to the game, should be fun! NVG is beautiful and goes with so much! I picked a slab that had as much of the chocolate color as I could and it looks good with the orb faucet as well.

• osuladybug
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I'll be at the game too....but as you would expect from my user name I'll be rooting for the Buckeyes! It should be a great game with such beautiful weather. I understand why you are going for Navy though, Annapolis is beautiful. We just got back from an 8 year stint in DC and went there a few times. Did you get your granite around Columbus? I want to look at a slab of it. After seeing these pictures I know I will like it. And maybe a brown sink too!! Thanks for sharing. I'll look forward to seeing your pictures anncarolyn. Do you know what the difference between New Venetian Gold and Ventian Gold is?

• Kathleen McGuire
    14 years ago

My granite came from Lang Stone on 5th ave., near the airport. I have also gotten granite from Granite and Marble works in Plain City. Have fun at the game!

• tradewind_64
    14 years ago

I have New Venetian Gold in a honed finish. The room faces northeast and it's late afternoon, so no direct light except from overhead, but if you look at the cooktop you can see how softly matte the countertops are. Cabs are maple/natural finish and floor is hickory.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• imsoconfused
    14 years ago

Here's a pic of my New Venetian Gold granite with maple cabinets stained in chestnutt(sp?) Hmmm looks like we were trying out the new margarita machine when I took this. Sorry! lol

• lindybarts
    14 years ago

We really love this color. The up side...it doesn't show dirty. The down side...it doesn't show dirt! LOL!

Here is a link that might be useful: Lindy's Kitchen

• louisianalover
    14 years ago

We installed New Venetian Gold counters in our new home with white oak cabinets that were stained cherry. I think New Venetian Gold granite is pretty neutral and could go with any color of cabinets. Our builder told us we didn't need to seal the granite. His son has the same countertops and he said he has never sealed his. I am still trying to figure out if I need to or not. The photo I attached doesn't show how beautiful this granite really is.

• Oakley
    14 years ago

Louisianalover, I'd seal it. After our granite was installed, and they sealed it too, I got a tiny bit of grease on the countertop, and it stained for a few days. The came out and sealed it again and so far no problem.

I remember how water would "seep" into the granite and now it doesn't do that either.

You can seal it yourself, it's pretty easy.

One more drawback. When a fly gets into the kitchen you can't see it on the granite! :)

• louisianalover
    14 years ago

oakleyok: Thanks for the advise. We just moved into our home a few weeks ago and I am definitely going to get the granite sealed. I am going to put "sealing the granite" on the top of my to do list!

• osuladybug
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Louisianalover your kitchen is beautiful. I definitely love the Venetian gold granite. I'll post some pics after I get mine installed. Hopefully it will be soon! Thanks everyone!

• mustangsh
    14 years ago

Really love the VG with the white cabinets. I put it in with off white/glazed cabinets. I think I like the contrast of the white better. I guess hindsight is 20/20. :)

I'm curious what paint color for your walls everyone has chosen? I have Au Lait Ole by Valspar but am not 100% thrilled with it.

• nhb22
    14 years ago

We have it with cherry cabinets.

• robins_nest_07
    14 years ago

We have VG with alder cabinets.

(ignore bar stools...I know, I wish they were different)

• desertsteph
    14 years ago

"ignore bar stools...I know, I wish they were different"

paint them brown! they'll tie in with the cabinets and the granite.

• louisianalover
    14 years ago

To Robins_nest_07: I totally agree with desertsteph's suggestion that you paint your stools brown because that was my first reaction too when I saw the photo of your kitchen. Your countertop looks fantastic with the cupboards. I wondered what alder wood looked like. I especially like that little nook by your refrigerator. Does that have a light in there too?

• robins_nest_07
    14 years ago

Thanks...I've been going to paint them for over a year now. I don't like the style of them, but it's all we can have for now. I wasn't sure if I should paint them brown or black. Our dining set and also our end/coffee tables are all a darker brown color and I don't want the stools to clash with that.
    Would you use spray paint?

louisianalover, yes there is a light there in that niche. I love it. We have another one by our stairs that also has a light. If we get the opportunity to build again, I will definitely implement the niche feature again.
    I can't find a picture with that particular light on, but here's one of the other niche and it's light. (and they work great to flip on for night lights if anyone gets up in the night)

• Phobie Privett
    14 years ago

This is not the best pic, but since you already know what the granite looks like, I thought you might want to see it with the backspash. Mine is New Venetian Gold. This pic is a little washed out.

• robins_nest_07
    14 years ago

Superchick....LOVE your bar stools! Very pretty kitchen.

• ideamom
    14 years ago

You can see my New venetian Gold Granite on my blog (link below) I Love it!!

Here is a link that might be useful: New venetian Gold Granite

• osuladybug
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you everyone. I just love your kitchens and appreciate seeing the brown sinks. Those are great.

kmcg85...wasn't that a great game on Saturday? I thought we might get some overtime! I like close games.

Hopefully I will get my granite soon!

• colorlchallenged
    14 years ago

New Home Builder what is paint color in your kitchen? I just recently remodeled my kitchen with cranberry maple cabinets, new venetian gold granite, sierra oak floors, stainless steel cabinets, and black accents, can't figure out what color to paint the walls, begining to get fed up, will probably have the wall of many colors for the next 5 years! Open to any and all suggestions.

• colorlchallenged
    14 years ago

Oops meant to type stainless steel appliances, sorry. Sure hope I get a response to this email, not even sure how this site works.

• msrose
    14 years ago

colorlchallenged - Her paint color is BM Decatur Buff.

Laurie

• hoyamom
    14 years ago

Here is my New Venetian Gold - it goes great with my mocha cabinets.

Before we painted and moved in.

• colorlchallenged
    14 years ago

Laurie:

Thanks for responding. I am in my own color H$#$#! I have tried every green you can think of and I get this kind of hazy look over my granite, golds look better but cause all of the other colors in the granite to go blah while all of the gold chips stand up and salute you. What a chore this is turning out to be! I did get a suggestion to try Huntington Beige by BM, very rich color that has a green undertone to it, anyone ever use it in a kitchen if so please post pictures I am dying to finish this project.

• Coconut808
    12 years ago

To robins_nest_07 and Superchick: What is the name of your paint color? I love them both! I have the same granite but with maple cabinets and have been going crazy trying to find a new paint color to go with them. Please lmk

• klltfam
    8 years ago

oakley, what is the color you painted the cabinets?