Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cykakris

Looking for a good blue/green paint color

cykakris
14 years ago

Hi everyone, I read here often but post very infrequently. I found an inspiration picture on here (trying to figure out how to post it) that has a great blue/green paint color on the walls and I have been searching for a good color in that family. Every chip I have brought home is either too blue (baby blue or turquiose) or too green (seafoam). If anyone has a great blue/green, I would love to see pictures!

Comments (17)

• patty_cakes
    14 years ago

You might want to try Behr's Virtual Color Center. Many forum members use/have used Behr paints, so the one you're looking for might be found there. ;o)

Here is a link that might be useful: Behr paint

• User
    14 years ago

Would love to see your inspiration photo, I've posted a link that has direction on how to post a picture. It's in a thread in the kitchens forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: If you're new to the kitchen forum

• amysrq
    14 years ago

My fave is Martha Stewart's Atlantic from the K-Mart/Sears collection.

• User
    14 years ago

Although this may not be the exact color, it's similar. We put this in our master bath, and it's SW Sea Salt. In some lighting it leans towards blue and in other lighting it leans towards green. We love it.

That color in your picture actually looks to me like a gray as well, you may have more luck if you look in the grays not blue/greens. Don't be fooled by the swatches, a lot of the gray colors look very different once on the wall.

{{gwi:1391995}}

• amysrq
    14 years ago

Was that photo in Cottage Living? Might be a Farrow & Ball color. Even if you knew the exact color, it would be different in your own house. Getting suggestions for specific colors is really only just a place to start. I hesitate to even post pics of my colors because YMWAV. (your mileage will always vary)

If you let us know exactly which colors you have tried and what was wrong with them, we can probably steer you better.

• ttodd
    14 years ago

I believe the color is Farrow and Ball Ligt Blue.

Similar colors:

1 Excellent matches for '41HT-BRCR-K4G9'
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sto Corp.
    5PRV-TFGR-J4R5 Score: 95.4

5 Very Good matches for '41HT-BRCR-K4G9'
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ICI Paints
    Dusty Miller 50GY 45/037
    1HDP-Y1A5-JQJ5 Score: 87.2

Engelhard Corporation
    Cordoba 3524-T
    6J9J-TFC8-JGK9 Score: 86.7

Duron Inc
    SW 7058 Magnetic Gray
    T60Y-UFE5-K0R9 Score: 86.3

Sherwin Williams
    SW 7058 Magnetic Gray
    T60Y-UFE5-K0R9 Score: 86.3

Dutch Boy
    Crashing Waves 9I-4
    7A4H-YYQQ-KVA5 Score: 86.2

• boxerpups
    14 years ago

Blue Hubbard Sherwin Williams

Bortrowed Light by Farrow and Ball

Comfort Gray by Sherwin Williams

Light Blue Farrow and Ball

Shaded White by Farrow and Ball

Artic Gray by Benjamin Moore

Ballroom blue Farrow and Ball

SpringMint by Ben Moore

• lisa_mocha
    14 years ago

What pretty rooms!!

I haven't used these, but always hear good things about Benjamin Moore Smokey Green, Woodlawn Blue, Palladian Blue and Gray Cashmere.

Here are a couple of Designer comments on 2 of these:

Don't be fooled by the name. On a paint chip or in small quantities, SMOKY GREEN CC-700, BENJAMIN MOORE can look green, but on walls it takes on a gorgeous robin's egg blue tone. It's relaxing and what I call a dirty kind of blue. I'd use a latex eggshell finish and paint a bathroom, bedroom or kitchen this colour. I'd paint the trim Benjamin Moore's Cloud White CC-40 for a warm effect or Simply White OC-117 for a crisper look. Mix this blue with silver accessories like frames, lamps or Venetian mirrors."
    Costantino D'Elia, designer, Toronto

"My favourite blue, WOODLAWN BLUE HC-147, BENJAMIN MOORE reminds me of a sunny Alberta sky or West Coast beach. It's peaceful, comforting and promotes a feeling of tranquility. It works just as well with traditional antiques as it does with modern furniture. I like it against accents of ivory, pink, fuchsia, brown and creamy gold." Brenda Porter, interior designer, Calgary

Lurkish-I've seen SW Sea Salt on the chip & think it's a beautiful colour!

Good Luck:)
    L.

• learn_as_i_go
    14 years ago

I was thinking of SW Sea Salt as well. The color varies between gray, green, and blue depending on the light.

• scanmike
    14 years ago

There's a beautiful color called Seaside Village by Glidden. I saw a restaurant painted in this color and the owner said everyone asks what it is. Check it out. Very similar to your inspiration picture.

• amysrq
    14 years ago

Ttodd, I think you're right about that being Light Blue. There is a kitchen just adjacent to it in Cooking Apple Green. I always love the photo but I can never seem to get CAG to work in my own homes.

• tfm1134
    14 years ago

we used BM Gray Owl in our spare bedroom and even though it is supposed to be gray it looks very similar to your inspiration pic except lighter

• User
    14 years ago

Lisa - Thank you. It's a great color for our master bath, I just wish it would photo better! - Lukki

• hoyamom
    14 years ago

What about Grey Wisp (BM). It is like silver sage.

or EK Aqua

• redbazel
    14 years ago

Do you have access to Pratt & Lambert? They have several nice shades in that range.

Red

• redbazel
    14 years ago

I'm looking at F&B Blue Gray right now. On my color brochure, it sure looks blue-green. I got the Pigeon colormatched in Ben Moore paint, so if you can get a color brochure (they mail them free from F&B) you might want to take a look.

Red